Visit

Stallard12

2 minutes ago, asperity said:

I hope Eric and Beckie enjoyed their visit, sorry I couldn't be there.

Shame you couldn't come Asp...it was lovely to meet up with Eric and Becky and of course Gary and Evils too :D  As an added bonus the yummy turkey xmas dinner and xmas pud with brandy sauce was delicious.   Big thanks to Gary for organising it  and of course to Shelley's on Bold Street for making us so welcome :D First time I've ever been there and I'm deffo going again..well worth a visit  :D (eek is that classed as advertising...oh well not to worry if it is...I had a fab time lol)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dizzy said:

Shame you couldn't come Asp...it was lovely to meet up with Eric and Becky and of course Gary and Evils too :D  As an added bonus the yummy turkey xmas dinner and xmas pud with brandy sauce was delicious.   Big thanks to Gary for organising it  and of course to Shelley's on Bold Street for making us so welcome :D First time I've ever been there and I'm deffo going again..well worth a visit  :D (eek is that classed as advertising...oh well not to worry if it is...I had a fab time lol)

It is fine to advertise the businesses that support us - because without them there would be no warrington-worldwide!!

Full coverage of the visit can be read online here

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/2017/12/06/ex-pat-eric-takes-trip-down-memory-lane/

How many people want to see the photo of Evils?

Just opened up the IPad, down to my last 12 percent cos I don't have a converter for the charger.   So nice to see everybody's comments.  We had a great time, although, as Dizzy said, not too sure about the photo !  Who is that person in the corner?  I didn't think I was that old. Both Bec and I thank everyone especially Dizzy and Gary, they were great and Dizzy, you're a doll.   Got to say I don't know how y'all drive over here, it drove me crazy and I used to drive a 55' tour bus all over the States, couldn't even drive a mule through some of these skinny lanes.

Off back to Texas on Saturday morning if the snow doesn't get us.  Walking to the hotel this afternoon I said to Bec, "That sky looks like snow" and sure enough, it was on the news later.  Apparently, that's one British sense that I haven't lost.

Don't worry Stallard...when we get severe weather warning of snow over Warrington it usually only results in us getting a few millimeters if even that.  Saying that even a few mm is enough to bring the whole area to a standstill..pathetic really eh :lol:  As for driving over here....yes an absolute nightmare even for those of us who live here and do it every day.  

Hope you both have a safe and comfy journey back home and keep in touch x x 

I wish you weren't going back so soon as a few hours just wasn't enough...maybe you will change your mind and come over again though or I'll have to get a passport and overcome my fear of flying and  visit Texas......and I can buy some boots and a hat while I'm there lol :wink:

PS I've never been called a 'doll' before...is that a good thing or a bad thing ha ha.