Sign in to follow this  
Stallard12

Visit

Stallard12    41

Well, after boring y'all to death with my historic event, I'll move onto something more boring.  After many years I am finally making my farewell tour (I think ticketmaster will be handling it !!).  I will be joining y'all for a short time this December.  What I really want to say is that 67 years after watching Jackie Rowley fly down the wing at Old Trafford ( with knees frozen solid on the terraces - me not him) I am finally going back - never miss a game on tv.  Booked on the Museum and Tour and they have been great.  Internet wouldn't play fair, so the ladies at Man U. have reserved us tickets to be paid for when we arrive.  Hope my wife enjoys the Stretford End, although from the "Not again ! " comments every time she walks through the den on a Saturday, I'm not sure.

Dizzy    293

:lol::lol: I'm sure you're wife will enjoy it Stallard, well ok so if she's anything like me and find footy very boring she will just smile and humour you. 
I have to say though I went to a tour of the Old Trafford footy ground when my lad was at school (they needed parents to go and help keep the little buggers under control) and I did really enjoy it.  I even got a bid giddy when they took us round the changing rooms and I spotted David Beckhams shirt hanging up on the peg.....yep I beat the kids in the race to sit on the bench under his top and to sniff it lol

Bill    103

Well just make sure you reserve a bit of time to say hello to your old mates here and maybe catch a pint or two.

Bill :)

Stallard12    41

Spending a day in the old home town.  Been in Texas for almost fifty years now, so sadly only one friend left to visit and he's first on the list.  Apart from the forum that is.

Gary    93

Well we can certainly arrange an afternoon tea at Shelly's for you and your good lady if you let us know which day you are in town - and any other forum members would be welcome to attend - my shout.

Dizzy    293

Now that sounds like a good plan Gary...especially if you are paying :D  :lol:   

Stallard12    41

Not been on for a while, been a little busy.   Very nice of you Gary and we would be honored to meet y'all and not because of your offer to pay. As I have said in my talks with Dizzy, there is quite away to go, so I won't bog you down in details yet.  We arrive on Dec 2nd, so about mid November I will give you our tentative schedule and you can pick a time and place if that's ok.

Dizzy    293

I'm looking forward to meeting up with you Stallard :D  Hey have you ever been inside the Town Hall and seen it close up and all the silver in the cabinets and the mace and sword etc and heard more about it;s history?  It's great in there and there is so much to see so well worth a visit and a nosey. 
I went on one of their open days last year (or was it the year before...time flies) as part of the Heritage Open Day event and although it's not open for general tours on a monthly basis they can be arranged.  Do you fancy a look when you are over as I'll try and sort it for you if you do :D      

Stallard12    41

Hi Dizz,  Maybe I got you a free meal out of Gary!!!    Sounds great Dizzy, I said that I wouldn't make any definite arrangements just yet, but things get complicated, so I will make a prediction now.  We will be in Warrington on Tuesday 5th December for the whole day.  However, I have already committed to meeting an old friend in the morning, we went to Woolston C of E school (the little one-room school on Woolston Green) and haven't seen each other since our final year when we were both 11. We re-met online thro the Forum.

Becky also wants to go to Warrington market, she loves to see the 'flounder' with spots (plaice to you), apart from that, we are y'alls from about 1:00 pm to whenever.  Do you think you could plan something involving afternoon tea and the town hall visit for us?  We would be eternally grateful.  I would say that you will enjoy meeting my wife more than me, she is Cajun and has never ever met a stranger.

Evil Sid    229

Better tell her to brace herself then stallard they don't come much stranger than the people who post on here. (grabs tin hat and heads for fall out shelter) :ph34r: