Snowdonia Zip World Challenge - what's it like?

Geoffrey Settle

Warrington Visually Impaired People are doing a sponsored Zip Wire Challenge this month.

Has anyone done in and lived to tell the tale.

Just wondering if I can take part as Chair with my still recovering ribs - I did them in two weeks ago and the NHS site said that they take between 3 to 6 weeks to get back in shape.

What do you think?

This is what it is like :wub: after all it's for a good cause, look out for the shepherd with his crop at the end.

https://youtu.be/Fw3lNNFLl0g

Looking at the harness arrangement it seems to provide a broad support at the rib area, a quiet word with your doc might help. T

he stopping would probably put the most strain on them but that seems to be rather gentle compared to some i have seen.

It also looks less painful than abseiling, those harnesses can really give you a nasty nip in the Trossachs. :shock::oops::(

Yes I think you are correct - sound advice - I'm still having to sit up in bed to sleep - plus it may put strain on my recent hernia operation - as you can tell I'm a recovering wreck but still young at heart. I'll take a rain check - there are still things I need to do and time is a great healer. As I keep saying to myself I'll be back. :wub:

It does look like fun :) 

Blimey Geoff...are you completely bonkers or just a glutten for punishment ?  Yes I've seen the Snowdonia Zip Wire before but no way should you even be contemplating doing that if you have damaged ribs and have also recently had a hernia operation.  In fact I very much doubt that the Zip Wire bods would let you do it anyway if they knew all that.

As for it looking like fun....no it blummin' doesn't... which is why I flatly refused when my brother tried to take me there for my birthday a few years back....I would have died from shock lol :wacko: :shock: :lol:  

Not to worry I've taken a rain check - my physio gave up and gave me a refund yesterday - he said try the few exercises you can manage and come back in two weeks time. He did put some athletes black tape on my ribs for support in a big Black X marks the spot <_<

However ever an optimist I went to the Outlet New Balance shop in Birchwood and bought myself a cracking pair of trainers, I think I'll wear them for today's parkrun at Vicky park - but only to marshal at Mayor's Corner - my 52nd marshalling duty in the nearly 200 events held there :) One day soon I will be making my come back run.