Airport delays ?

observer

Seems travelling by air is becoming an even more tiresome task, as "enhanced immigration checks" are causing even longer queuing times for Brit tourists in Europe.  Meanwhile, thousands of illegal immigrants are entering the EU from Libya, where such "enhanced" checks may be more usefully employed.        :ph34r:

• Upvote 2

Interesting that while British tourists, travelling legally are being held up at Spanish airports;  a large rubber dingy landed on a beach full of holidaymakers in S/Spain, and illegally disgorged a load of young men from Morocco.   The Police arrived too late to round them up, probably knowing they will be heading for the UK.      :ph34r:

.............    who then move on to commit atrocities like Barcelona.     What does it have to take, before the EU and the southern states get their act together and seal off these illegal entry points from Africa ?    The Italians have finally made some tentative moves to prevent NGOs from "rescuing" migrants and ferrying them to Italy, and "bribed" the Libyan Coat Guard to clear them from their territorial waters.   But I'm afraid nothing but a full Naval blockade of the African coast, with orders to take back these migrants and destroy their boats, will suffice.   Question is, will the liberal politicians in the EU have the balls to do it,  or will it take more Barcelona's before they get their act together ?        :ph34r:

Obs even if every entry point was sealed off to every country along with stringent checks made  on EVERY single person entering/leaving ANY country I very much doubt it would stop these cowardly and atrocious acts of cold blooded murder that we are seeing more of in the form of drive by killings.  Billions of people walk the streets of the world every day, billion drive the roads of the world every day...there is no way of knowing who is behind the wheel and what their intentions are :(

The people carrying out these atrocities are evil b*****ds. They are brainwashed...they are sick individuals..they have a thirst for blood, devastation and harm...they don't care if they live or die themselves.... how will they ever be stopped :(  If they are stopped from entering or leaving any country they will just inflict their evil where ever they are or can  get to or by way of brainwashing others who are 'already in place'.  

Their evil will not scare me to a level where it dictates how I live my life or where I go and what I do..... I hope they rot in hell !!

I think it's all a bit stupid in the way that these checks are being carried out.

Earlier this year I was selected at random for an additional security check. It was a flight to the USA so I'd already gone through all the checks including a full body scan and pat down when I was stopped again just before boarding. I understand the need to do stuff like this and it's no big deal for me but out of a line containing hundreds of people, many of who looked like potential terrorists, why did they pick on an old fart like me? I think we all know the answer but it's frustrating when you bear in mind that in this country, the vast majority of these delays are down to young families with their kids being subjected to the same strict searches.

When was the last time a typical white British family blew up a plane on they way to Disney Land?

Bill :)

16 hours ago, Dizzy said:

Obs even if every entry point was sealed off to every country along with stringent checks made  on EVERY single person entering/leaving ANY country I very much doubt it would stop these cowardly and atrocious acts of cold blooded murder that we are seeing more of in the form of drive by killings.  Billions of people walk the streets of the world every day, billion drive the roads of the world every day...there is no way of knowing who is behind the wheel and what their intentions are :(

The people carrying out these atrocities are evil b*****ds. They are brainwashed...they are sick individuals..they have a thirst for blood, devastation and harm...they don't care if they live or die themselves.... how will they ever be stopped :(  If they are stopped from entering or leaving any country they will just inflict their evil where ever they are or can  get to or by way of brainwashing others who are 'already in place'.  

Their evil will not scare me to a level where it dictates how I live my life or where I go and what I do..... I hope they rot in hell !!

Diz, that's a bit like the fisherman saying, some fish are getting through the net, therefore we may as well not use a net.  The problem is, in over a decade of this illegal invasion from Asia and Africa, no concerted preventative strategy has even been employed by the EU, in fact quite the opposite. They've been invited in in their millions by Merkel, who has then sought to palm them off onto the rest of the EU. They are now being caught or rather "rescued" by do gooder NGOs, who then take them onto Italy, so they can and are being caught, all that's now needed is a policy of immediate return to Africa.      :ph34r:     As for the "terrorists", whilst they probably represent a minute proportion of this invasion, it's an ideal method of unchecked entry into the EU, to join this stream of economic migrants. And when they've completed their dastardly deeds, all we get is handwringing condemnation from politicians and candlelit vigils from the public. When the answer is to stop them getting here and deport those that do.    :ph34r:

.... and now we have the PM of the officially recognised part of Libya warning us, that "terrorists" are infiltrating the migrant stream, to enter the EU. Well anyone with half a brain could have worked this one out ten years ago, alas the liberal luvvy EU politicians refuse to admit it.  An estimated 100,000 illegal migrants have entered the EU this year, with around 700,000 waiting in Libya. Not exactly rocket science to suggest that a Naval blockade of the N/African coast, should prevent this traffic and turn it round, and ALL illegal migrants, currently in the EU are deported to their countries of origin.       :ph34r:

I agree  Asp; but I've read that we don't have an adequate number of suitable vessels for the job, and two aircraft carriers aren't really what's needed,, so something else the Gov need to get a grip on.  As for the Med, the combined fleets of EU countries should have sufficient vessels to blockade the entire N/African coast, as a first line of defence, and turn illegals around, rather than taking them into the EU. Meanwhile, those that have landed in Italy, who then claim asylum and get £30 per day, while waiting for their applications to be processed; are not being returned if their app fails. It's estimated that any illegal refused asylum in the EU, still has a 75% chance of remaining. Having disappeared into the crowd, they then head for Calais, where daily attempts to cross via the tunnel are in the hundreds.       :ph34r:

Again I agree (would I dare disagree with a sea Captain!);   but the EU has responsibilities too, cos if they get a foothold in the EU, they usually head for the UK.  However, it may be a forlorn hope to expect the liberal luvvy politicians in the EU, to finally grow a pair and actually safeguard their borders. This invasion won't ease in the near future and could bring about the demise of the EU - hopefully !    :ph34r: