Forum voting poll for Warrington South

Forum political vote 2017 Warrington SOUTH - who do we think will win?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for in Warrington SOUTH?

• Bob Barr OBE (Lib Dem)
    • John Boulton (Independent)
    • David Mowatt (Conservative)
    • Faisal Rashid (Labour)
    • None of the above

19 minutes ago, asperity said:

Mind your own business Geoff. It's supposed to be a secret ballot remember?

Prey tell how the hell I would know who has voted and what they have voted - I'm not a bloody mind reader, perhaps you think I have such powers but I don't I usually have a good idea if I look into people's eyes though should with ever meet or may be we already have.

Geoff...why is David Mowatt listed twice in your vote poll options  ie once with that Bob Barr bloke and then on his own too. 

Only two people have voted so far.....can you not see who has voted which way then ?  I've not voted on your poll yet as I have no bloody idea who I'm going to vote for.

I have had a leaflet though my door from Cons, Labour and also the Independent chap though.... alas the writing on the Independents small leaflet is tiny though and I can't actually read what he has to say :(  I'm going to scan it so I can zoom in though.... I really should get some proper glasses lol

I feel sorry for Independents as they don't have the money to compete with the leaflet drops and fancy prints that the main parties splash out on and it must be so much harder for them to deliver all their own leaflets too without a huge party baking of volunteers shipped everywhere.  I say 'shipped' cos last election around here I got door knockers (5 of them in the group) asking me if I would be voting for the local Labour.  I said I didn't know as I had no idea who was standing locally (ok so I lied and I did know).  I was gobsmacked when the representative said HE DIDN'T ACTUALLY KNOW HIS NAME....and he had to shout to a couple of his colleagues asking they knew his name and blimey they didn't wither.

Naughty me did laugh though and I then said 'oh yes I remember now...his surname is Murphy and he lives just up there'....and I pointed directing them towards his road and hours suggesting they went for a chat with him :lol:

Thanks Dizzy - using my wife's PC it was a struggle, 8 of the keys are blank i.e. the e,r,t,i,o,a,s,n keys - Mrs G say's it's because of my nails :rolleyes: and she is right.

Back in the day there were loads of active users and I used to do many polls - especially for my research drafts to test out my questionnaire questions and a lot of people responded but in the current climate Facebook etc. they go elsewhere.

I don't believe that I am able to see who they belong to - it doesn't make a jot of interest to me if you find out don't let me know as at the moment it is anonymous.

As for the Bib Barr, David Mowatt coalition I have correct the error, I set up the North first and the problems began doing the 2nd but with your help I think that it is now okay but a spot of training with the Rock God will sort you out.

And as for Laurence Murphy the solicitor is a nice bloke - he is an ex-Councillor like me - I wonder if you cost him his seat?

Oh and I've added a 'None of the above' in case you can't decide and deleted my test votes.

So over to you to keep an eye on it :D I'm worn out.

I don't mind telling you who I'm voting for Geoff, and I don't mind telling you why.

I would not vote Conservative, whoever the candidate was because I think the type of people who could knowingly feed the population BSE infected meat are the lowest of the low.  Then to bring out a 'dementia' tax to pay for the consequences of their actions is downright evil.

'Austerity' is fake - it's just a means by which to rob the poor to profit the rich. It causes terrible hardship to the most vulnerable in society and is a greed driven evil.

The outright lies told during the run up to the European in/out vote proved them to be manipulative and untrustworthy, especially the lie about benefits to the NHS by us leaving Europe - I think a lot of people would have voted differently if they had known the truth about this.

I don't believe any of their promises re improving the NHS, the funds they are allocating are not for improved patient care but are largely for 'new buildings', which will no doubt mean unnecessary demolition and rebuilding - just a means of ensuring their Developer donors continue making mass profits at public expense.  A conservative government will facilitate privatisation of the NHS.

I don't think Theresa May is capable of getting a good Brexit deal, she's a bad negotiator, constantly U-turning and very unpopular with European leaders.  Her projections of forging trade links worldwide seem to be just 'pie in the sky'.  She professes to be in favour of curbed immigration, but as other countries she hopes to trade with are asking for 'freedom of movement' agreements all that will happen is that we will lose European workers and gain immigrants from wider afield, possibly in larger numbers and with wider cultural differences to our own.

Conservative changes to planning policy making it easier to build on Green belt and greenfield sites will destroy our countryside & harm our wildlife.  Just another profit-making scheme for their developer donors, this will not provide the type of housing which is needed nor regenerate the brownfield wastelands. 

I really don't like the idea of our nuclear plants being owned by other countries - especially a country with links to Korea. I think this is not just foolhardy - it's downright dangerous! 

I can't see any benefits at all to the general population in having a Conservative government, having cut the poor to the bone it's the middle earners who will be targeted next.

I don't think Theresa May would be a good leader, she's very full of herself but she's about as charismatic as a wet lettuce!

I would not vote Lib Dem, specifically because of who the candidate is!  I don't dislike Tim Farron, and his proposal for a second vote on Europe, once the true consequences for and against are revealed seem reasonable but I would never ever vote for Bob Barr whatever political party he stood for.  After watching him blatantly and so skilfully lie to a large crowd of people during the Walton Hall attempted sell off I wouldn't trust a word he said.  Plus so many other things done when the Lib Dems were in power - not in a million years would I vote for him.

I would not vote for the independent candidate.  He seems ok, but for someone who professes to be in touch with what local people are concerned about he hasn't even mentioned conservative greenbelt planning policy which is a major concern currently for many Warrington South people.  Also, I question why he is standing at this election. Basically it's a two horse race, he can't really expect to win - is this a diversion option?

That just leaves the Labour candidate.  I don't know Faisal Rashid, but he seemed like a good mayor.  I can't say I'm overwhelmingly impressed by the Labour administration in Warrington as they seem to allow themselves to be led by officers with Tory type aspirations - whatever, this is a general not local election.

I will vote for the Labour candidate, because my vote is for Jeremy Corbyn as PM.  I do not fully agree with all of his policies, but think he will be the best leader for our country.

Corbyn is a man with a conscience, a refreshing change after all the years of greedy, self-serving political careerists.  I feel he is a man who could be trusted to do his best for the general population. He seems genuinely kind and caring, he's not a war-mongerer - altogether a 'nice guy'.

He's taken a real beating in the press and even from Labour (Blairite/Tory MP's) yet he's continued to fight -  after such a show of resilience any claims that he couldn't hold his own with European leaders are ridiculous. 

The reason Corbyn has had such well publicised criticism is because the presently mega rich and influential are terrified of him upsetting their golden applecart.  A fairer society, wherein they won't be able to continue their vast profit making at the expense of the people certainly does not appeal to them!

Materialism, greed and self-centeredness has for years been spreading like a cancer through our society, Corbyn's humanist approach could be the cure.

• Downvote 2

One small quibble about your speech Sha, in the EU referendum campaign politicians of all parties were in favour of remain with a minority of all parties were campaigning for leave. So you can't really point your finger at the Tories on that issue, they all lied :D:D

Think folk have latched onto a "lie", which isn't a lie actually:  the £350million is the actual cost of our membership of the EU according to OBR figures; leaving the EU saves that money and allows it to be spent on the NHS.   Whether it will or not, is another question, as the Leave campaign was never in a position to promise anything, as they were not the Government or even a single political Party.    :ph34r:   

The wording on the bus never said that £350 million a week would be spent on the NHS. That's just the sour grape bunch that have twisted things to suit their own argument

What it actually said was

"We send the EU £350million a week"...."Let's fund our NHS instead". No where does it say that £350million a week WOULD be spent on the NHS. Plus we are still paying into Europe AND they expect us to pay up to leave too so there isn't any £350million a week to be spent yet anyway

brexit-bus.jpg

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, fugtifino said:

So, what do people think the intended perception was supposed to be?

Or was it, ultimately, meaningless?

What was it saying?

exactly what it says.... that

"we send £350million a week to the EU.....  let's fund our NHS instead"....

is it so difficult to grasp that it DOESN'T say

"We send £350million a week to the EU....lets spend £350million a week on the NHS instead"?

But of course the remoaners have sought to twist it into the latter ever since the votes were counted..... with all this "we were lied to" nonsense. If someone can't read plain English, maybe they shouldn't be voting anyway

15 minutes ago, Bazj said:

exactly what it says.... that

"we send £350million a week to the EU.....  let's fund our NHS instead"....

is it so difficult to grasp that it DOESN'T say

"We send £350million a week to the EU....lets spend £350million a week on the NHS instead"?

But of course the remoaners have sought to twist it into the latter ever since the votes were counted..... with all this "we were lied to" nonsense. If someone can't read plain English, maybe they shouldn't be voting anyway

Nor does it say the £350m will be spent on developing beetle drives for the diasporic Faroe community in Wales..

So that's fine then.

It's a schoolboy con trick and you're defending it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/nigel-farage-350-million-pledge-to-fund-the-nhs-was-a-mistake/

3 minutes ago, fugtifino said:

Nor does it say the £350m will be spent on developing beetle drives for the diasporic Faroe community in Wales..

So that's fine then.

It's a schoolboy con trick and you're defending it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/nigel-farage-350-million-pledge-to-fund-the-nhs-was-a-mistake/

I'm defending the way it was written.... what I can't defend is the way people mis-read what it actually said and then put their own twist on it. As I said before, it DOESN'T say that £350million a week would be spent on the health service... it doesn't in fact say what any of the £350million would actually be spent on