Laura.....

Davy51

... Kuhnsberg ,the BBC political reporter. How long can her anti Brexit bias be tolerated.  It is one thing interviewing Mrs May ,but tonight Laura seemed to be showing her allegiances more than ever & ,in my opinion ,should be more impartial. What next ,stamping her feet & throwing herself on the floor ?

Funny that Dave, both I and the Mrs say to each other "hasn't she got an high opinion of herself", every time she comes on. But if your that p****d off, I suggest complaining to the BBC (POINTS OF VIEW), and have your 5mins of fame !    :D

Strangely I have found on other fora, people on the left of the political spectrum think that the BBC, and in fact all of the media, is virulently right wing, and that the likes of Laura spend all their time criticising the sainted Jeremy while sucking up to Treeza. Rose tinted glasses?

You have to make your own mind up. The BBC on the web carries a bias towards Corbyn at least in the morning then often changes the story, but not the headline, by the end of the day. I have observed in the past that their handling of complaints always uses the version that endures at the end of the day. There is a site called newssniffer.co.uk which tracks different versions of stories as they appear on news websites. They track the BBC, guardian, independent and NY times. For the 2010 election the BBC suddenly changed their story header formats so the tracking algorithm didn't work on News sniffer. This time the election news is not picked up by the news sniffer algorithm and you can't see what they do. It still works on foreign news on the BBC site. What a co-incidence or have they got something they want to hide?

5 hours ago, fugtifino said:

Perhaps this suggests that the BBC have a balance to their coverage?

This is what the BBC says itself when accused by both sides of bias. Really everyone has to weigh the pros and cons and make up their own minds rather than allowing the media to lead them like sheep.

I remember just how neutral the BBC is, when they staged a liberal ambush of BNP Leader on Question Time, led by Jack Straw. Far from discussing the issues of the day, it was no more than an interrogation and slander of Nick Griffin, which effectively killed off the BNP.  They then tried similar tactics with UKIP, but fortunately Nigel was a match for them, and similar tactics merely brought them and the rest of the media into disrepute.  So we now have 50% of the Nation, who totally dismiss the media establishment as liberal propagandists, from within the M25 bubble.     :ph34r: