Deputy PCC

grey_man

I see that PCC David Keane (Penketh and Cuerdley LAB) has appointed as his new Deputy Sareda Dirir, the daughter of Allin Dirir (Penketh and Cuerdley LAB) and Linda Dirir (Penketh and Cuerdley LAB). Even though her interview by the Police and Crime Panel confirmed she is far from an ideal candidate, to put it mildly. You can see it here. https://cheshirewestandchester.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/272335

If any politicians want to know why they are held in such generally low regard, here is the reason.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, asperity said:

Par for the course really, especially where Labour politicians are concerned. The Kinnocks, for example, have made themselves a pretty penny from building a political dynasty.

Maybe but this is shameless. Her attitude in the panel stank and she clearly feels no need for any accountability. Who the hell gives a job to somebody who not only isn't qualified for it, but also refuses to answer questions in interview and refuses to show a CV? David Keane himself obviously feels he can simply do things like this with public money.

Then there's the issue of him moving his office away from police HQ to Stockton Heath from Winsford. The Police & Crime Panel have raised concerns about that because it saves such a paltry amount of money and he's now working apart from the police, seemingly for his own convenience. If he didn't want to work county-wide, he shouldn't have gone for the role. 

He needs to be removed from all public offices. 

1 hour ago, Confused52 said:

If you are really angry then look at https://www.cheshire-pcc.gov.uk/media/81162/ethical-framework-and-code-of-conduct_pcc-dpcc-code-of-conduct.pdf

For myself it is what I expect from the electorate, as Obs said.

Are you suggesting that people will bang on endlessly about green bins and ignore stuff like this going on under their noses which they can actually do something about? :)

The question now is what would David Keane do, for example, with law breaking by members of the Labour Party. Based on his behaviour here, we can hazard a guess.

On 20/03/2017 at 6:32 PM, grey_man said:

I see that PCC David Keane (Penketh and Cuerdley LAB) has appointed as his new Deputy Sareda Dirir, the daughter of Allin Dirir (Penketh and Cuerdley LAB) and Linda Dirir (Penketh and Cuerdley LAB). Even though her interview by the Police and Crime Panel confirmed she is far from an ideal candidate, to put it mildly. You can see it here. https://cheshirewestandchester.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/272335

If any politicians want to know why they are held in such generally low regard, here is the reason.  

Well what can I say...I watched that interview for start to finish and listened to every word (now that's not something that happens often as I tend to get easily bored)

What I will say is that she is certainly a very confident and articulate person and does not seem easily phased by anything which is a good thing ....

.....but good grief she is clearly also a very antagonistic person and somewhat aggressive in her responses to the panel.  Confidence is one thing but surely in an interview situation you can't behave like that.  The way she spoke to some of them was 'rude' to say the very least and good grief to then throw in the caution to them demanding that they revoke and/or appologise for some of their questions as they were not respectful or appropriate and then later to demand that the senior monitoring officer also remove other references/question by her throwing in the gender card on the basis of  'as a woman...I feel....'
At that point I would have just have finally had enough of her stroppiness and would have put a whopping big black line through her name and marked her as 'NOT APPROPRIATE FOR POSITION...WILL BE TROUBLE'

6 hours ago, Dizzy said:

Well what can I say...I watched that interview for start to finish and listened to every word (now that's not something that happens often as I tend to get easily bored)

What I will say is that she is certainly a very confident and articulate person and does not seem easily phased by anything which is a good thing ....

.....but good grief she is clearly also a very antagonistic person and somewhat aggressive in her responses to the panel.  Confidence is one thing but surely in an interview situation you can't behave like that.  The way she spoke to some of them was 'rude' to say the very least and good grief to then throw in the caution to them demanding that they revoke and/or appologise for some of their questions as they were not respectful or appropriate and then later to demand that the senior monitoring officer also remove other references/question by her throwing in the gender card on the basis of  'as a woman...I feel....'
At that point I would have just have finally had enough of her stroppiness and would have put a whopping big black line through her name and marked her as 'NOT APPROPRIATE FOR POSITION...WILL BE TROUBLE'

I'm amazed David Keane hasn't been hauled up. As the panel said, he didn't disclose his association with the new DPCC and her parents. That in itself is remarkable

Chutzpah is the word that springs to mind.

Have to be impressed by her PR though, I mean, seems she can turn her hand to anything.

You can book her as a speaker:

http://www.womenspeakers.co.uk/speakerprofile/644/Sareda Dirir/

She's a serving councillor in Salford (don't know if she mentioned this in the video 'cos I couldn't bear to watch it all):

https://sccdemocracy.salford.gov.uk/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=142

Mind you, her attendance isn't brilliant so far this year:

https://sccdemocracy.salford.gov.uk/mgAttendance.aspx?UID=142

Ex teacher, journalist, superwoman....

Oh, and 50 fu...  flipping thousand?

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sareda-dirira-named-as-new-deputy-police-and-crime-commissioner-for-cheshire/story-30219367-detail/story.html

She was asked whether she would give up her other work to focus on what was advertised as a full time role and refused to answer. She considered it impertinent to even ask, just like it was impertinent to ask how it would look that a family friend was spending public money giving her a job she is unqualified to do. Chutzpah is putting in mildly.   

4 hours ago, Freeborn John said:

There is still a PCC young persons representative to appoint.

Any of them got kids?

Seeing as there seems to be no onus to actually do anything, with neither David Keane nor his deputy willing to give up their current jobs, maybe they could nominate the family's pet cat. 

Question - if David Keane worked full time, would he even need to appoint a deputy, never mind one who only wants to do it part time?

5 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

So who will she appoint as her deputy?

:blink:

I'm available (half of her positions £50k salary would do me)  .... maybe me and her working together would not be a good combination though...but then again :lol: 

Made it into the pages of Private Eye this week, but full coverage still missing from the pages of Pravda the Guardian. As ever, local Labour councillors are being given an easy ride by the local media, even when one of them who also functions as the PCC for £72,000 a year but won't commit to it  full time has to move his office away from Police HQ and appoint a family friend for £50,000 to help him maximise his income for as little work as possible. If that ain't a front page news story, then I don't work in publishing myself. 

All three Warrington councillors should be suspended and the appointment investigated. What Salford do with the DPCC is up to them, but they may be glad to see her turn up for once if they do decide to ask her what she's playing at.

20170323_092444.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, observer said:

Surely it was within the powers of this interviewing panel of Councillors, to have sufficient backbone and decency to refuse this application ?

Especially when they'd made it clear they didn't think she was up to much? Who knows? An unwillingness to kick up a huge political stink?

Good point Obs and makes you wonder just what the point of that interview was really if their views are so easily ignored. 
Maybe it was just a box ticking exercise that had to be completed and in reality the board asking the questions had no clout either way.  

On 3/23/2017 at 10:41 PM, Dizzy said:

Good point Obs and makes you wonder just what the point of that interview was really if their views are so easily ignored. 
Maybe it was just a box ticking exercise that had to be completed and in reality the board asking the questions had no clout either way.  

I think what they mean when they say 'she meets the minimum standard' is they can't find a way to disqualify her because she has a criminal record or for some other similar reason. Beyond that, it's up to the PCC. So maybe he could have appointed his cat. It's corruption and the silence of the local Labour Party and, less so, other politicians speaks volumes about the political class. I know some of the panel tried to make their feelings known in the hearing, but the fact that Sareda Dirir knew she could just bluster her way through it all, shows you the appointment was a done deal. It's mind boggling.

I see that David Keane has defended the appointment as 'transparent'. Well seeing as he covered up his association with the candidate and didn't give the panel a CV, this must be some new definition of transparent. I wonder if the other candidates were told about the relationship before they wasted their time applying and going for interviews?  

• Upvote 1

It was all raised at the latest Panel meeting. Here beginning at about 53 minutes. Gets quite fruity although the sound quality is rotten until voices are raised. He's a disgrace and should be removed from office. You can see the panel are absolutely sick to death of him already. 

https://cheshirewestandchester.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/280070