Auntie or anti ?...

Davy51

I must say the prospect of the Lords inflicting a defeat against a stage of the Brexit Bill seemed to be received with satisfaction & even a modicum of glee by the the newsreader & reporter on the BBC news tonight.

Not to mention the sympathetic air given to the news that 2 British doctors have been killed while in the service of ISIS....ok, sad for the families, but these two blokes were/are traitors who got no more than they deserved.

I think the Lord's vote will delay matters for about a week;  but if the PM really wants to bring MPs into line, all she needs to do, is make it a vote of confidence in the Gov; if the Remoaners vote it down, then it's a General Election and an opportunity for "the people" to get rid of them.

I think the Lord's vote will delay matters for about a week;  but if the PM really wants to bring MPs into line, all she needs to do, is make it a vote of confidence in the Gov; if the Remoaners vote it down, then it's a General Election and an opportunity for "the people" to get rid of them.

I was reading the other day that the PM can't call a snap election without repealing the law that gave rise to fixed term Parliaments.

Davy,

The Act says that a motion of the form "That there shall be an early parliamentary general election" or of no confidence passed by a majority of 2/3 of all of the seats in the house and the election will go ahead without another Act of Parliament so Obs is right, Of course, Labour could vote against and Tories for just to confuse us all!

Davy,

The Act says that a motion of the form "That there shall be an early parliamentary general election" or of no confidence passed by a majority of 2/3 of all of the seats in the house and the election will go ahead without another Act of Parliament so Obs is right, Of course, Labour could vote against and Tories for just to confuse us all!

That post certainly confused me :lol: :lol: :lol:

What has been confusing, is the totally spurious argument from the liberals, over the fate of EU citizens living in the UK; which was designed purely as a delaying move on Brexit. Of course these people will be used as "bargaining chips" in negotiations, cos that's what negotiations are about. Just as with tariffs etc: whatever they wish to inflict on us, we will inflict on them, so when they realise there can be no winners, they will desist from threats and EU citizens living in the UK, will be treated exactly like UK citizens living in the EU - just common sense.

And the cost of the TV licence will rise, odd that it is from the 1st of April though. :ph34r:

Still at least they got rid of Clarkson and co.

probably why the TV license is going up... Clarkson and Co. contributed a massive amount of money to the BBC coffers when you take into account how much the BBC used to sell Top Gear for to other countries....