Sir David ?

observer

That I do agree with Davy and it bugs me when people get honours just because they are 'famous' and have done something, that lets face it, their agents advise them to do for more publicity.  It also bugs me when people receive honours for doing a job they are employed for and paid to do.  Annoying that !! 

That I do agree with Davy and it bugs me when people get honours just because they are 'famous' and have done something, that lets face it, their agents advise them to do for more publicity.  It also bugs me when people receive honours for doing a job they are employed for and paid to do.  Annoying that !! 

Does that include skillful surgeons Dizz.

Think Dame  Dizzy   has a ring to it !

Gawd no thanks, 'Dame Dizzy' makes me sound like I'm a miserable old wrinkly spinster with an axe to grind. 

PS If any of you dare to reply to that saying 'sounds about right' then be warned.....I believe in Karma :lol:8)

Why, Are you going into panto dizz?

I think that happened 11 years ago when I joined this forum :lol:

Oh no she isn't.....

Oh yes I am...

Behind you!!

and thinking I'm one step in front...watch you don't trip over me :lol:

Does that include skillful surgeons Dizz.

No Algy....you got me there and YES they certainly do deserve honours and yes they are paid for the job they do (pennies compared to footballers wage though)...

Silly me for not thinking my comment through and realising they fall into the same 'employed and paid for a job' category.  What surgeons do is amazing and peoples lives hang in the balance and are reliant on them and their skills.  I have the highest of respect for them all. 

Do may surgeon ever get honours though or are they ignored ?

Sorry for being a Smartie pants Diz, but this subject is my pet hate and regarding Beckham who Cur Alex Ferguseon (another pretentious prick) once said "Beckham is not good enough to make an international player" and also "Beckam was never a problem until he got married" now there is a team manager showing and giving confidence to a team player. There are too many underserving prats receiving honours from unimportantant sectors of the entertainment, sports and commercial industries eg. Harry Seacombe, Stanley Mathews, Phillip Green (now there is a man of integrity for you) and latterly that young Scottish human 'windmill' Andy Murray who dashes round a rectangle piece of ground flailing the air with a piece of graphite and catgut (or whatever it is manufactured from) attempting to make contact with a small rubber orb and making millions of pounds in the process, and yet in proportion very few skilled surgeons and doctors receive knighthoods or any of the other honours, I must admit I have Googled to try and find figures and am unable to do so resulting in my making an assumption however the fact remains that the sports and entertainment sectors although sometimes providing limited value in temporarily raising public moral do not in my opinion improve the quality of peoples lives and are underserving of accolades from our Queen unlike those of the medical, industrial (selective) and armed forces sectors.

Rant over!.

• Upvote 1