Black/Blue Bin Collection Day changes...

Dizzy

Not personally had a leaflet but some people have had them so not sure if my bin collection day has been changed or not.

Friend of ours who live on the cromwell avenue side of sankey valley has had a leaflet to say his collection day is going from thursdays to fridays, my current collection day is thursday.

I usually check on the council website but have been told that it has not yet been updated to show the changes and all attempts to get any idea as to when it will be updated has been met with it is not my responsibility type answers.

So this weeks collection, as far as I know, has not changed, will keep checking the councils site to see if next weeks has. (or facebook ) :lol:

We've not had anything either here so no idea if ours are changing and I can't find anything anywhere on-line suggesting any areas or streets are changing collection days, hence my question.  We've put ours out today which is our normal collection day anyway.... but if it doesn't get emptied I'll just leave it out all week like everyone else does

Some people I know over the Paddington way have had leaflets though and yet others in the same streets and nearby haven't.  Looking on the councils website there's nothing about it though even for the ones who know it's changing.

All very confusing for people and yet again WBC manage to make things as complicated as they possibly can for residents.  Surely they could just stick stickers on people's bins showing collection days like they normally do !!  It's not rocket science !!  

Diz, you have put a jinx on us as today everyones blue bin has been collected in the area except ours, no sticker saying why, I have checked inside and nothing in there other than what should be, contacted the council and they have not received the statuary report from the driver to say why, the only conclusion I can come to is that you are to blame!!!!. There is one remote but possible explanation, perhaps PJ is either driving the bin lorry or collecting the bins. :wink:

Diz, you have put a jinx on us as today everyones blue bin has been collected in the area except ours, no sticker saying why, I have checked inside and nothing in there other than what should be, contacted the council and they have not received the statuary report from the driver to say why, the only conclusion I can come to is that you are to blame!!!!. There is one remote but possible explanation, perhaps PJ is either driving the bin lorry or collecting the bins. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't see it being PJ as he would have probably emptied it all over your lawn then taken your empty blue bin away so I guess it muse be a jinx from me....sorry ha ha 

I would have thought Appleton residents would get their butlers to take it to the tip?? :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  I always thought they had those 'air shoot' things in their homes which they put their rubbish in from which ever room they are in.... which then go underground and join a complex labyrinth of automated networked sorting shoots that finally end at the relevant recycling skip or non recyclable household waste skips at the local tips.

I would have thought Appleton residents would get their butlers to take it to the tip?? :)

Baz, you really are 'down market' butlers do not carry out such meanial tasks these are delegated to those below stairs, anyway in Grappenhall we are not quite as affluent as those in Appleton, here the refuse collection technicians ring the the bell and ask permission to remove the said refuse. :wink:

bin collection day bin and gone, checked the website for collection dates this morning. seems they have changed the blue and black bin collection dates for my area to fridays.

Have still not had a leaflet through the door informing me of this. council website is totally confusing as they state they have not updated the online search but they actually have. unless you have a green bin in which case they start to collect them on the 1st january 1970 so even if you have paid you have missed it you should have put your green bin out 47 years ago.

here the refuse collection technicians ring the the bell and ask permission to remove the said refuse

You mean they don't ring you to make an appointment first, shocking. :mrgreen:

We got one of the leaflets on Tuesday (17th) to tell us that as from the previous week our collection day would move from Tuesday to Thursday, the first one being on the 12th.

Thanks WBC!

On the day the leaflets were dropped there were over 20 bins left out on our road, but they were the wrong colour, on the wrong day.

Don’t think there’ll be much take up of the paid for green bin collections around here.

bin collection day bin and gone, checked the website for collection dates this morning. seems they have changed the blue and black bin collection dates for my area to fridays.

Have still not had a leaflet through the door informing me of this. council website is totally confusing as they state they have not updated the online search but they actually have. unless you have a green bin in which case they start to collect them on the 1st january 1970 so even if you have paid you have missed it you should have put your green bin out 47 years ago.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well spotted Evils. I just checked online and our next collection for green bins is also showing as 1 Jan 1970.  'Back To The Future' springs to mind :lol: