social media - do you use it?

Gary

most of the posters on here who scorn other forms of social media probably do so as they are terrified of being a small fish in a big pond, on here they can feign importance.  The solution Gary, for those who love this place, charge a subscription as many news outlets are doing, that should sort it :wink:

I've not scorned other forms of social media I just chose not to use any of the others other than than facebook (and this forum of course).  I'm not a member of any other forums either.....

We floated charging a subscription a few years back and every single person said they wouldn't pay - so that would make it a lively place to discuss important topics.

So who would pay a tenner a year? If we got about 30 it would at least cover the costs! 

Crikey I don't remember that being suggested and I've been an active member on here (sometimes too active ha ha) for just over 11 years.  Did I object too... ? 

Fancy that, people off here not prepared to put their money where their mouth is, never would have guessed :D :D :D

So are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is PJ :wink:  Maybe you could set the ball rolling....

Other websites/forums ask for voluntary donations rather than a fixed subscriptions. Worth a try Gary? People could give as much or as little as they feel it's worth, with a set target to be reached every month. At least then, if you got nothing paid in at all, it would make a decision to close it more deserved.

Problem is that only some of us would probably donate :(  I doubt any new members would pay/donate to use the forum or keep it going as half the time they register but never post,  I often wonder why that is and why take the time to register but then never post.  Maybe they think by registering they will get access other hidden forum sections or be able to see other topics that are 'members only' or something as some forums seem to work like that....of course this one doesn't and everyone members or not can see all the sections, topics and posts.

Ohh maybe we should make it all invisible to non members so people have to join to read any of it......that would get more members joining (I don't mean paying just joining) and that way we would be like a special 'members only forum club'.  How posh would that be...and more might post too then being part of a select group :lol:

We floated charging a subscription a few years back and every single person said they wouldn't pay - so that would make it a lively place to discuss important topics.

So who would pay a tenner a year? If we got about 30 it would at least cover the costs! 

I'll happily pay a tenner....in fact I'll even be happy to pay £20 for the year but for that higher amount you all have to be nice to me for the next 12 months :D

So are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is PJ :wink:  Maybe you could set the ball rolling....

Of course I am Dizzy,  Gary, I will pay £100 if you shut it down.  This knackered old nag of a forum should have been put out of its misery years ago :D

Blimey I hadn't realised that PJ had stopped posting as I blocked him a couple of years ago as our comments to one and other were becoming vitriolic and to be honest that was one of the reasons I stopped coming on here, shame really as I met him at a photographic exhibition at Moore Rugby Club and a nicer chap you couldn't wish to meet, I suppose I should now unblock his comments and see how it goes.

Blimey seems this forum is more like facebook than I thought with people able to block each other on here too :lol: :lol:

PJ can you see Algy's comments as he can't see yours and he doesn't have you blocked.......

I wonder how many other forum members have blocked others...maybe that's why it's so quiet on here of late.  I might try it.... :lol:  :lol: 

Dizzy, I have been able to read his nonsense yes but chose to ignore him.   I never blocked anyone on here.  I have to say his utterances are a good advert for putting a metaphorical bullet through this terminally ill forums black heart.  If it was a dog it would be cruelty to let it suffer so :wink:

• Downvote 3

Crikey you certainly have a way with words PJ and lets hope Algy still can't see your posts (for whatever reason that may be if you don't have him blocked) as I'm sure some of that may have hurt his feelings and upset him slightly.

Saying that Algy is thick skinned and has a good sense of humor so maybe he will see the funny side of it.  

From that comment and others you have made too both on this thread and others re similar in the past though you clearly don't like this forum one little so I do wonder why you still find yourself coming on here especially if only to badmouth it.  Guess you just cant stay away eh and worry you might be missing something..... :wink::lol:  :P  

• Upvote 2

Dizzy, I have been able to read his nonsense yes but chose to ignore him.   I never blocked anyone on here.  I have to say his utterances are a good advert for putting a metaphorical bullet through this terminally ill forums black heart.  If it was a dog it would be cruelty to let it suffer so :wink:

Have I perchance said something to upset you PJ if so please don't hold back on my account. I suppose asking for a character reference from you is now out of the question and I now understand why I did not receive a Christmas card from you this year!.

Ps. if it had been a dog it would have savaged you years ago. :D

• Upvote 3