Bus Lanes?

Gary

The Warrington to Widnes route must be very profitable.It was Arriva number 110 Warrington to Murdishaw via Widnes. Last year Network Link started running their own number 110, but only to Green Oaks. Last week Fairbrothers added their own number 110, again as far as Green Oaks. I'm not complaining :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trams are making a comeback with warrington campaigning to be added to the route and after all that trouble to dig up the tram lines. :lol: :lol:

They didn't dig them up down Knutsford Road, they just tarmacked over them... some were exposed earlier in the year when they were doing road repairs :)

As a prime example of my earlier calling car drivers selfish beasts, I have just got home after a long walk. I was walking along Warrington Road in Penketh and crossing a side road, having first checked for traffic. I was halfway across when a sports car approached down the main road and turned into the road I was crossing, at speed. Obviously affronted by this "pedestrian", who was not leaping out of his "ordained by divine right" path, he braked sharply and sounded his horn aggressively while giving arm signals not specified in the Highway Code. He then carried on to the end of this cul de sac (!!!) and parked, got out of his jet fighter and gave me a few more unspecified arm signals before going into his house. Plonker.

Of course all you drivers will be aware of the Highway Code rules (8, 112 and 170) that this impatient idiot broke and all because his journey time was being increased by 1.5 microseconds.

Annoyed? Me? Not at all, a very enjoyable experience. Nothing like having your adrenaline levels raised to improve your day :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Have to say Asp that despite your near miss your post did really make me giggle due to the way you worded it (sorry).  Glad you are ok though...oops :oops::lol: 

You have his reg and address though so maybe report him :wink:  Some people should not be allowed behind the wheel of a car. 

speaking of bus lanes.....seems Santa was done for being in one yesterday in Manchester :shock:.  Well ok so not Santa exactly as one of his elves was driving him and Mrs Claus to the Children's Hospital.

Guess that's Manchester City Council on the naughty list this year and getting no xmas pressies then...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-santa-sleigh-bus-lane-12319171

Liverpool have now got rid of virtually every bus lane.

There is a short bus lane on Winwick Rd near the new Aldi store, I have yet to see a bus using this lane, the police used to use it to pull in speeding cars but I have not seen it used for years now.

There is a bus lane in Scotland Rd too that seems hardly ever used.

Bus lanes are just a waste of time as most are only short and the bus needs to pull back into traffic a little further up, better to allow all vehicles to use them, frees up road space and reduces traffic as they found in liverpool.

• Upvote 1