£5 note ?

observer

Should we go to all the trouble and expense of taking the new £5 note out of circulation ?    Seems  tallow from animal waste is used in the production which appears to offend certain religious sensibilities.  I believe the last time this kind of problem occurred, it caused the Indian Mutiny !   

I read an article the other day about this issue. The writer had gone to the lengths of calculating the amount of tallow needed in the manufacture of the millions of £5 notes in circulation and came to the conclusion that it would require the slaughter of a HALF of ONE cow! We are talking about an infinitesimal trace amount per note here, used in the production of a polymer.

I agree Asp: but it's interesting in the context of a Gov report on social cohesion, which states that we are now more culturally segregated than ever. It's a no brainer to suggest that decades of cultural "diversity" promoted by the liberal progressives has brought this about.  So far from assimilating different cultures into a single mainstream society, we've finished up with separate silos of religious and ethnic groupings, unable to accept modernity  .

Thhe crazy thing about that is the fact that used bank notes have, in all probability, more than just traces of animal fats on them from just being handled by people who have touched meat (raw or cooked, makes no odds). Vegetarians - caution, may contain nuts :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 1

Please note anybody who doesn't want the new five pounds please send them in a plain brown envelope, care of evil sid, po box 43 warrington. yours in anticipation Evil Sid. :lol: :lol: :lol:

caution, may contain nuts

Strangly enough i saw that very same warning on a packet of salted peanuts and thought MAY contain nuts. it's peanuts, of course they contain nuts.

• Upvote 1

I think they should be more concerned that the handlers of the offending fivers have washed their hands after visiting the toilet.

We are living in a society that has gone backwards in terms of unity & everyone has an agenda....the lefty luvvie society can't get by without a crutch to lean or a gripe about persecution. Take these people out of their bubble & they are lost in self pity. A bit of tallow is hardly going to harm these fannies....get a grip !

I wonder if they moan at the Aussie government where all notes are so produced.

• Upvote 1

If anyone one on here is against the new £5 pound notes due to the polymer used containing small amounts if tallow, well I'd just like to say I will happily relieve you all of them...free of charge of course :D

I'm afraid I had to swap mine this afternoon in a pub in Wigan for some flavoured liquid (I think it was called rum). Fortunately the serving staff weren't vegetarian :lol:

• 3 weeks later...