Cake and eat it ?

observer

No we have more to loose, as industry will move away from the UK into Europe Obs, Germany and France are already looking at our banking and wondering if they can get any, so we have much more to loose, Manufacturing is not going to relocate from the single market to here, as it will face tariffs, and loose its market, but we could loose manufacturing and banking to them, some banks are already planning on moving headquarters.

Nice try though Obs, but ill thought out

No we have more to loose, as industry will move away from the UK into Europe Obs, Germany and France are already looking at our banking and wondering if they can get any, so we have much more to loose, Manufacturing is not going to relocate from the single market to here, as it will face tariffs, and loose its market, but we could loose manufacturing and banking to them, some banks are already planning on moving headquarters.

Nice try though Obs, but ill thought out

But just think of the massive and most wonderful benefit to all this.... WE WON'T BE IN THE EUROPEAN UNION ANYMORE.....

I know we are, but it has not stopped prices going up has it Obs, as my side of the argument said it would, and lest you forget your side said was scaremongering, more prices to go up after Xmas, and jobs will start to dip next year as the down turn in inward investment starts to have an effect, which again your side said was scaremongering, so the predictions are coming true, sadly for brexiteers

We have 40 years of better prosperity than we would have had, if we had not been in it, they are now saying 10 years for a trade deal with our biggest trading partner, that will mean more jobs going abroad, have you heard about loads of London moving there head quarters into Europe, so it can mention market share, the first of many to go.

And your solution is...........?

I know we are, but it has not stopped prices going up has it Obs, as my side of the argument said it would, and lest you forget your side said was scaremongering, more prices to go up after Xmas, and jobs will start to dip next year as the down turn in inward investment starts to have an effect, which again your side said was scaremongering, so the predictions are coming true, sadly for brexiteers

So you're actually not bothered, you just see it as a stick to beat the opposition :lol: :lol:

Prices going up???

I am paying less now for my raw materials for my jobs and as I also install LED screens and TV's, I have seen the prices of these fall quite markedly over the past few months... Some prices rise, some go down, that is a market driven economy.

About a year before the referendum, the price of a particular bottle of French wine that my wife like to tipple with, rose by a pound a bottle practically overnight, the price of bread rose last year too.... your scaremongering is nonsense.

Mind you, I hear that the price of dummies has fallen so at least the remoaners can replace the ones they keep spitting out a lot more cheaply than before the referendum :)

What make are your TVs, prices are going up Baz, especially on goods like those, if you haven't had a price rise you soon will do because of the £,

You can stick your head in the ground, but you can't deny the invitable, weak £ means higher prices for things not made here, unless you have a British manufacturer, no that wouldn't work either as they would have to import the parts, I'm not scaremongering I'm telling you like it is. Don't hold me responsible you were told before the vote what would happen, but you choose to think it was scaremongering , well your finding out now, you were wrong, sorry Baz, but I'm not going away, I here to keep reminding you

Lt Kije. I'm sure you're a nice guy really but your constant moaning and negativity isn't really interesting to be honest. We can get all of this bad news from the EUrophile BBC 24 hours a day on their numerous overpriced channels from their numerous overpaid commentators thanks. The country voted to leave the EU and if the politicians ignore the will of the people then we are lost, truly lost.

Asp, lots of people now are finding out they were lied to, and would change there vote, no new money for the NHS, not the control on numbers to name but a few, lots more if you need them, people were told it would have no effect on the economy, no one can deny it has and will continue to do so, inward investment is down, exports are down, there will be a definite negative effect on jobs next year, we are having to bribe investment already here to stay, can't be sure if you yourself said it was scaremongering but the Brexit side most definitely did, people are waking up!!!

Kije... I have recently bought 3 55" Samsung HD Smart TV's for less than £400 each. The same screens cost me £549.00 about a year ago; hardly an increase...

and please stop moaning about "the extra money for the NHS". We are still paying into the coffers of the EU to build motorways in Latvia and will continue to do so until we actually leave (why cant you remainers see this????) Plus the EU are refusing us access to start trade negotiations with anyone until we leave the EU.... methinks we have upset them somewhat :)

There is a big wide world out there to trade with apart from being tied to a bloc with 20+ nations struggling to keep up with their top half dozen performing trade partners. Some businesses are quite happy to be locked into this system because their people at the top cba about looking for business further afield.

• Upvote 1

There was a news item the other night, where a furniture maker said he would have to pay more for his wood which, wait for it, comes from Italy ! Don't get me wrong, I love Italy; but are they seriously telling us that Italy has more commercial forests than the UK ? Spag-bol maybe; wood no !

Given that a lot of "furniture" these days is either chipboard or MDF with a thin veneer of "real wood" if you are lucky, what amount of wood does he have to import. A lot of the carcass for seating is pine easily grown in any country and fairly quick growing compared to say oak.

As the saying goes "well it doesn't grow on trees you know. oh wait it does"

Where do you get these "lots of people" from ? Polls are showing 68% in favour of Brexit, now that many Remainers have realised that the threatened apocalypse hasn't happened.

Can you post the link, or tell me the poll Obs, I can't find one that gives Brexit any kind of lead at all, I will confess to not looking in the express