Nice little Earner!

Bill

I have a friend in Botswana who would like you to click on this link (GET RICH QUICK)

Of course if you do, you'll get a virus that will encrypt all your files but don't worry because I can unlock them for you for a small fee.

I may or may not have given him the code to do the encryption but you'll never know because he's 100% untraceable.

The law cannot touch me because I've done nothing wrong and I'm just offering a much needed service.

My fees are quite modest at £100 for private individuals and £1000 for business users. (All major cards accepted)

Bill :wink:

wouldn't bother me much not got anything that i really need on my comp that is not already backed up at least twice and spending the day wiping and reloading everything would keep me from worrying about what to do today. If that didn't work off to shop and but a new pc, could do with updating this one as it is over three weeks old and thus obsolete. :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. the link don't work for me for some reason.

The BBC reports that this activity is growing exponentially but their £200 million cost to the UK is based solely on reported instances.

But given many involve threats to disclose the sites visited, I'd think that most would choose not to report things to avoid embarrassment.

Based on what I've seen with the companies we look after across the UK, I'd suggest that the figures may be at least a factor of ten higher.

it's serious money being made by criminal or potential terrorist organisations made easy by a complete lack of any effective police action.

Telling people just to be careful isn't the right answer, they need to get their act together, work with overseas forces and close these people down.

They say they can't do this but it's more a matter of will than anything else.

They managed to track down the child exploitation racketeers in the far east and bring about prosecutions so why can't they do it here?

Rant over.

Bill :)

I get the impression that the criminals and also some National Governments are far ahead of the Police, when it comes to cyber crime.

When hundreds of millions of emails which are openly meant to deceive and defraud are sent every day, with no attempt made to interfere by the law, you have to wonder if the police are involved at all.

Here's another one to add to the statistics. 

Just got into the office this morning and immediately got a report from a large coach and taxi company up near Newcastle that were hit with the ransom virus during the night.

Ten PC's were infected with every file encrypted effectively closing down their business. Even with the backups in place this is going to take us several hours to put right.

From where I sit the problem seems to be far bigger than official figures suggest.

Edit.. Finally sorted 2.15pm five hours of my time wasted. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Bill :)