TRUMP elected 45th President of USA

Sha

:lol: Certainly more from the crèche :lol:   Trump calls it "fake news", I call it trivia.  You forgot the latest saga of the bathroom robe, now that was really important. - not.Getting back to the core arguement: one Judge has asked how this order descriminates against Muslims. when it applies to just 7 countries containing just 19% of the world's Muslim population.

“Fake news” is stuff Trump doesn’t like. I didn’t forget it the robe stuff, just didn’t think it was important and I think you’ll find it was the Trump camp who made an issue of it here. Just like he made an issue of the attendance at his inauguration, the “under reporting” of terrorist attacks etc etc. See below about the court of appeal.

He’s a thin skinned, paranoid, egotistical narcissist and I’m bewildered how many people are willing to turn a blind eye to this because he wants to ban entry to Muslims.

But you forget to slight just one equates to full scale racial hatred of all, especially when the "celebrities" jump on the band wagon and incite the press, egged on by people who just want to stir up trouble to further their point of view. (or see a lucrative chance of making a fortune slipping away)

It is not as if it is an outright ban, just a ninety day ban whilst measures are put in place to ensure that relevant checks can be carried out. (something that all countries do as a matter of course, relevant checks that is not ninety day bans, well apart from the european ones)

Can't say i heard all this fuss when Australia set up the island camps for "refugees". not exactly a bad idea either. they are safe, and contained and if they try to swim off the islands well the sharks get a good feed which keeps them away from the tourist beaches, so win win situation there.

But you forget to slight just one equates to full scale racial hatred of all, especially when the "celebrities" jump on the band wagon and incite the press, egged on by people who just want to stir up trouble to further their point of view. (or see a lucrative chance of making a fortune slipping away)

Sorry, not sure what point you’re trying to make here, but regarding people who just want to stir up trouble, here’s Trump’s closest adviser:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/steve-bannon-apocalypse_us_5898f02ee4b040613138a951

It is not as if it is an outright ban, just a ninety day ban whilst measures are put in place to ensure that relevant checks can be carried out. (something that all countries do as a matter of course, relevant checks that is not ninety day bans, well apart from the european ones)

Well, thanks for bringing up the immigruntz again, but it’s probably best to see what decision comes from the court of appeal. These are the people who get to decide what is and isn’t legal in the US.

Can't say i heard all this fuss when Australia set up the island camps for "refugees". not exactly a bad idea either. they are safe, and contained and if they try to swim off the islands well the sharks get a good feed which keeps them away from the tourist beaches, so win win situation there.

Maybe the media were covering it all up eh? Oh…

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/manus-island

Now, I know you usually use the smilees but seeing as you've been around here longer than me you probably know I'm not a big fan, so just to check, refugees as food for sharks? You are joking, right?

And, it seems, you don't do simple questions.

If this is a reference to your question about DeVos then I have to say I know nothing about the woman, and I don't feel I need to find out as I'm not American and do not live in America. And whether or not she is a lunatic or an educational mastermind will affect me not one iota. You have obviously studied the CVs of all the cabinet picks and are in a position to pass a professional opinion on them all, so I will have to bow to your superior knowledge. Or perhaps you've just read it in the Grauniad :lol: :lol:

Well, what I know about her so far is that she comes from a background of privilege, knows next to bugger all about education and there were many republicans opposing her.

You mentioned humour, thought this was good:

http://www.vulture.com/2017/02/melissa-mccarthys-sean-spicer-was-a-classic-snl-impression.html

If you or anyone else here would like to know a little bit more about your new hero, here's a brief history of Trump and his family from the London Review of Books:

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v39/n04/sidney-blumenthal/a-short-history-of-the-trump-family

President Trump is no more a hero of mine than any of the other Presidents of the USA. I would hate to have been in the position of having to choose between the two main candidates in the election but, from what I've read about the criminal Clintons and seen of their crackpot supporters post election, the USA has dodged a bullet. "A rock and a hard place" comes to mind, but time will tell. The Donald is President and we shall see what happens.

And yes, SNL does some very funny satire.

All he has to do is withdraw this order, making all law suits mute. Then issue a fresh, better legally crafted order. Alas, given the state of political opposition, whatever he does will no doubt be challenged. We're now descending into farce of course; because whilst in theory, the Judicery are impartial interpreters of the constitution; in reality they are as partisan as the politicians and motivated by their own prejudices. 

the MSM is going out of its way to try and make a negative story about everything the President does or says

I really don't think they need to go out of their way, he's handing to them on a plate everything they need.

I don't recall this happening with any other President.

I think that's because no other president has made such a balls up in the first few weeks in office.

Do you think there may be a (not very well) hidden agenda here?

You think you smell a conspiracy?

Hmmm...

https://aeon.co/essays/the-intellectual-character-of-conspiracy-theorists

• Downvote 1

Think it's obvious to anyone with a brain, that Western societies are politically polarised between the soft liberal centre V the rest. With the primary issue being immigration.     Unfortunately, there's a new  generation, with a new  refusal to accept the democratic will of the people, hence the protests and court cases, trying to block it; be it the Donald or Brexit.                                                                                                                         

I see an MP has tabled a vote of no confidence in the Speaker of the Commons following his extraordinary rant the other day....

Heard an interesting item on Radio 4 the other night where one chap was telling about how the speaker is supposed to be completely impartial and free from "opinions" and that even during WW2, the then speaker never once made any derogatory remarks about a certain Mr Hitler, such was his impartiality and such was the expectations of the post.

So I guess Bercow has made a bit of ans of himself and should go now. The speaker has tremendous power and is able to allow debates and votes on all sorts of matters and deny them if he sees fit and at the end of the day, he surely cannot now be trusted to make an unbiased opion on any matter which may involve Trump 

• Upvote 1

Hardly matters now, he didn't want to come anyway:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-11/trump-u-k-visit-delayed-to-avoid-parliament-talk-guardian-says

Anyway, back to that SEE YOU IN COURT! tweet, well, he won't be doing that either:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-latest-travel-ban-muslim-supreme-court-challenge-a7574541.html

Trump finds being President is, like, a proper job, and is frustrated that he can't run a country like he run his business (not that he was any good at that either), and shows he's not very bright:

...some NSC staff believe Trump does not possess the capacity for detail and nuance required to handle the sensitive issues discussed on the calls, and that he has politicized their agency by appointing chief strategist Bannon to the council.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/donald-trump-challenges-governing-presidency-234879

Some funny stuff, Amy Hoggart on Trump and the Scots - pearl-clutchers should avoid:

https://www.facebook.com/fullfrontalsamb/videos/1973913309502972/?pnref=story