TRUMP elected 45th President of USA

Sha

Errm, nope:  I'll criticise what I disagree with, that's what opinions are for. EG: I fail to understand how reduced taxes will fund a massive infrastructure programme and build a wall, how de-regulating the banks will make things safe from another crash - we'll see what happens. However, the Yanks had a choice - the same old, same old, liberal political establishment or tossing a political bomb into the Washington swamp, when all else has failed, folk will try anything.

1) Having listened to a US law professor, it appears the order was poorly drafted, but we now have a scenario of Judicial roulette, in which Judges up to the Supreme Court, will translate the law in line with their personal prejudices ! 2) Seems a novel way of by-passing an alien media and talking to his base. 3) Since when did anyone vote for any person or Party on the basis that they agreed with everything in their manifesto ? Political choices are usually made on the basis of priorities and lesser of evils.

I must say,a Muslim friend of mine thinks Trump is the best thing since sliced bread & agrees with his vetting of prospective immigrants.He blames the media for the frenzy. He also believes that immigration problems have been more to do with passport irregularities than country of origin.

What did strike me as funny was that no sooner had the judges decision been announced than a few hours later we see plane loads of people arriving with smiling faces...these were people who supposedly would have had no idea when they would be flying because of the ban & would have to arrange flights hurriedly & expensively.

By anyone's standards Dave, including the ex-_ArchBishop Carey; these protests have been completely over the top; well deserving of the infantile analogy of the kid throwing his dummy and toys out of the pram, cos he hasn't got his own way. We had the same kind of reaction over the Brexit vote, so, as with kids, the best way to deal with it, is to ignore it.

• Upvote 1

:lol: More from the crèche !  :lol:  Do you actually read this drivel ?  1)  In a country where school kids can be threatened by bears or some nutter with a gun, sounds like common sense to have a responsible adult with access to a firearm.   2)  The Yemen raid will have been planned and executed by the military, PLANNED before Trump took office;  not the first time a US military action has gone wrong (EG President Carter - attempted rescue of US captives from Iran).  3) As for the Parliamentary dwarf; he might be better employed looking after his wife, rather than threatening relations with our number one ally.

First there were the protests on the streets, then there was Gov.UK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7x7LIlMIcw

Top marks to Bercow, love Skinner at the end.

Bercow the hypocrite:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/02/john-bercow-consistently-voted-iraq-war-hes-colossal-hypocrite-not-hero/

He has welcomed to, and entertained in parliament, such outstanding international figures as the presidents of China, Indonesia and Singapore, and the Emir of Kuwait. All of these being heads or members of regimes castigated worldwide for their poor human rights records, homophobia etc. It didn't occur to this poor excuse for a parliamentarian to question whether it was fitting for these people to be welcomed to Parliament, but now he has decided to follow the herd and virtue signal his supposed distaste for the elected head of our long standing ally the USA.

As for Skinner, what has he ever done for Parliament apart from making sarcastic comments from "his" seat in the house?

Stay safe in your bubble Fugs :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 1

Ah, so on this thread about the new US President, you're keen to discuss the finer points of succession to the throne in the UK, but not the appointment of yet another lunatic to a key post in Trump's administration. This after calling me selectively critical.

This is the talkboard equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "lalala".

And some people say I live in a bubble.

:lol: More from the crèche !  :lol:  Do you actually read this drivel ?  1)  In a country where school kids can be threatened by bears or some nutter with a gun, sounds like common sense to have a responsible adult with access to a firearm.   2)  The Yemen raid will have been planned and executed by the military, PLANNED before Trump took office;  not the first time a US military action has gone wrong (EG President Carter - attempted rescue of US captives from Iran).  3) As for the Parliamentary dwarf; he might be better employed looking after his wife, rather than threatening relations with our number one ally.

Sorry, missed this one.

sounds like common sense to have a responsible adult with access to a firearm

That isn't what she was suggesting though.

The Yemen raid will have been planned and executed by the military, PLANNED before Trump took office

Ah, another "it was Obama. not me!"  Except that it was:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-yemen-raid-agree-to-policy-barack-obama-would-not-do-james-matthis-qassim-al-rimi-a7566861.html

our number one ally

Heh:

650.jpg

:lol: Certainly more from the crèche :lol:   Trump calls it "fake news", I call it trivia.  You forgot the latest saga of the bathroom robe, now that was really important. - not.Getting back to the core arguement: one Judge has asked how this order descriminates against Muslims. when it applies to just 7 countries containing just 19% of the world's Muslim population.

But you forget to slight just one equates to full scale racial hatred of all, especially when the "celebrities" jump on the band wagon and incite the press, egged on by people who just want to stir up trouble to further their point of view. (or see a lucrative chance of making a fortune slipping away)

It is not as if it is an outright ban, just a ninety day ban whilst measures are put in place to ensure that relevant checks can be carried out. (something that all countries do as a matter of course, relevant checks that is not ninety day bans, well apart from the european ones)

Can't say i heard all this fuss when Australia set up the island camps for "refugees". not exactly a bad idea either. they are safe, and contained and if they try to swim off the islands well the sharks get a good feed which keeps them away from the tourist beaches, so win win situation there.