TRUMP elected 45th President of USA

Sha

What's all this "are you" business ? I would think it obvious by my posts that I support the right (in fact duty) of a US President to protect US citizens, by having a vetting system on entrants to his Country. The sooner HMG get a similar grip, the better. Just get on with it, and ignore the toys being thrown out of the prams; it's time for some wisdom, not wet nappies.

It's all very simple and common sense Fugs, and not "nuanced" at all ! As an aside, on the issue of alienating certain religions: The British constitution bans Roman Catholics (and presumably other non-CofE religions) from becoming Head of State (IE King or Queen) - perhaps something else to protest about ? !  :lol:

I don't just claim to oppose it, I do.

When was the last time this particular kind of discrimination was applied?

And what on earth does it have to do with the 45th President of the USA?

And how does it feel to champion a man who's known to be liar, and also gets others to do it for him?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/03/kellyanne-conway-refugees-bowling-green-massacre-never-happened

When ? When wasn't it applicable ? All States have had visa vetting systems, until the EU scrapped internal controls with Shengen. What does it have to do with Trump ? Well, that's a good question for the protesters, seeing he's merely ensuring the US has an adequate vetting system. I don't champion the man particularly, merely this policy; and as for being a liar, he's certainly in good company with a host of politicians starting with Bliar.

Ah, thanks.

In response to obs:

Sorry, maybe I should have used the word "used" instead of "applied".

Alternatively, when was the last time that someone of one faith was prohibited from marrying someone of another faith because one of them was one of the royals.

If you're still confused, try it this way: when was the last time it made a difference to anyone on the planet?

Oh, and do you have a link to what you think is our "constitution"?

he's merely ensuring the US has an adequate vetting system

Do you really believe that this is all he's trying to do here?

I don't champion the man particularly, merely this policy

Ooh, I dunno, you're trying to make a good fist of it. Hope it works out for you.

And, you used the word "merely" twice in a couple of lines, that suggests how easy you think it all is.

as for being a liar, he's certainly in good company with a host of politicians starting with Bliar

Won't argue with you there but, funnily enough, I don't regard that as a positive.

​This just in:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38864253

​Hope you're comfy with your new bedfellows.

• Downvote 1

Indeed, I do think it's straight forward, made a complex issue by the hysterics of a naïve liberal minority, throwing their toys out of the pram, cos they didn't get their way in an election; just like the remoaners over here. Dave, it discriminates against none-CoE faiths; and has only recently been ammended so as not to be discriminatory on the basis of gender.