Firework Display's

Agamemnon1

It is getting increasingly more difficult to carry out community event's such as a firework display , Each year there is a different hoop to jump through.Last year it was the introduction of a "mission statement ?" and the increase of the amount of public liability insurance from £ 5,000,000 to £10,000,000. This year it is the "event's notification form's" (all 10 pages of it) I have no problem's with the introduction of these item's, But I do feel that to inform volunteer's that those things are required just a few day's before the event put's even more strain on the volunteer's organising of such event's. When i queried the events notification form I was informed that it is on WBC web site. Have you ever tried finding something that you don't know exist's!!?? For each event i produce a folder with all the event information in it, Public liabitlity, field plan, marshall's, health and safety, mission statement, proof of competence, catagory of firework's and much more. These folder's contain all the information that the "event's notification" require's. My rant is almost finished,don't dispair. But when a voluntary group, that does not have a backroom staff of hundred's is put under pressure to comply with all the rules and regulation's , and yet the guy next door can go out and purchase the exact same firework's and fire them off in the back garden or in the middle of the road or on waste ground with out following any rules and regulation's it makes a mockery of what we do !!!  Bloody Hell !!!   I feel better now. :lol:

PS. I must add that the school sites that we use ( St Bridget's and New Horizon's ) could not have been more helpfull and i give them my my gratefull thank's.

Good rant Agamemnon and glad you feel better after it :lol:

Yes it does seem ridiculous that you have to do that and that you were only told days before.  Have you never had to do it in previous years then?

Re searching the council's website...absolute nightmare to find things on it even if you know exactly what you are looking for.

PS Greyman.....I;ve not checked my grammar etc, I though Id leave it to you :ph34r::? 

Properly organised displays should be encouraged imo; at the expense of individual access and use of fireworks.  The 5th of November has now been extended to an all year round event, with people with money to literally burn, trying to replicate the sounds of Aleppo in our neighbourhoods.

Well, Two displays, In two days, but what a difference in them. Fridays display was cut short due to adverse weather conditions :cry:  but still a crowd in excess of 400 people turned out :Pin what was a torrential down pour. My admiration goes out to the volunteers that worked hard to produce this event  ( Longbarn Residents Association) . The New Horizons School staff could not have been more help full as could Greencore who supplied staff and equipment to provide burgers and hot dogs. My personal thanks go to my crew who despite monsoon conditions managed to produce a display that was much appreciated by the crowd. :P:P

Saturdays display at St Bridgets School was just the opposite. Perfect conditions for a display, Once again the crowds turned out in their hundreds and they were not dissapointed. The display went off perfect. Once again i must praise the cooperation from St Bridgets Headmistress and staff, They have supported this event for many years and without that support this event would not take place. Birchwood Lions as usual was at their professional best marshalling the event and helping everything to run smooth. I urge every one to support your local Lions , They are a group of unsung heros.. Once again  events like ours could not go ahead with out hard working volunteers , And none work harder than Blackbrook Residents Association. Who plan produce and raise funding `for our events. My many Thanks to All who took part in both events. :P:P :P

PS. Grey-Man,,, ifyoucanreadmypostswithouttheaidofcorrectuseofcommasetcthenweneednotthelittledotsandslashestocommunicate !"£$//><,.

• Upvote 2

Well, Two displays, In two days, but what a difference in them. Fridays display was cut short due to adverse weather conditions :cry:  but still a crowd in excess of 400 people turned out :Pin what was a torrential down pour. My admiration goes out to the volunteers that worked hard to produce this event  ( Longbarn Residents Association) . The New Horizons School staff could not have been more help full as could Greencore who supplied staff and equipment to provide burgers and hot dogs. My personal thanks go to my crew who despite monsoon conditions managed to produce a display that was much appreciated by the crowd. :P :P

Saturdays display at St Bridgets School was just the opposite. Perfect conditions for a display, Once again the crowds turned out in their hundreds and they were not dissapointed. The display went off perfect. Once again i must praise the cooperation from St Bridgets Headmistress and staff, They have supported this event for many years and without that support this event would not take place. Birchwood Lions as usual was at their professional best marshalling the event and helping everything to run smooth. I urge every one to support your local Lions , They are a group of unsung heros.. Once again  events like ours could not go ahead with out hard working volunteers , And none work harder than Blackbrook Residents Association. Who plan produce and raise funding `for our events. My many Thanks to All who took part in both events. :P :P :P

PS. Grey-Man,,, ifyoucanreadmypostswithouttheaidofcorrectuseofcommasetcthenweneednotthelittledotsandslashestocommunicate !"£$//><,.

nuts.jpg