No trust in Trusts ?

observer

The woman who had her  £240K pa NHS Job, switched, without interview; has now been given a golden parachute of £190K. Isn't this symptomatic of the greed and incompetence culture that is now endemic in senior management of our public services, where jobs for the boys (& girls) are being given to folk who's pay grades far exceed their abilities ?

The woman who had her  £240K pa NHS Job, switched, without interview; has now been given a golden parachute of £190K. Isn't this symptomatic of the greed and incompetence culture that is now endemic in senior management of our public services, where jobs for the boys (& girls) are being given to folk who's pay grades far exceed their abilities ?

Very true, and a disgrace. Unfortunately it is not limited to the state sector...indeed I understand the former England manager, who in effect was responsible for his own demise, is picking up a £1 million payoff. The reality is that those who agree to giving these payouts do so to set a precedent...that one day they might use. It seems that those at the higher echelons of management are handsomely rewarded when things are going well.....but worryingly are also well rewarded for failure....and often then move in to another job seamlessly...guess it is great if you can get it....don't think that I was ever that lucky!

Or in a lot of cases cock things up, get found out, get suspended on full pay and then moved on to a better paid position (collecting handsome redundancy and parachute payments on the way).

I often dreamed about being suspended on full pay but, working in the private rather than the public sector, this was never a possibility. Rats!!