Vitimin D ?

observer

so few less pension scroungers then. But as my gran used to say,"you will be old one day and god help you because nobody else will"

Back sort of on topic i suppose this new pokemon go craze will help get people out in the sunshine chasing imaginary monsters around.

When i was going up if you wanted to see imaginary monsters you had to know which mushrooms to eat. :lol: :lol:

so few less pension scroungers then. But as my gran used to say,"you will be old one day and god help you because nobody else will"

Back sort of on topic i suppose this new pokemon go craze will help get people out in the sunshine chasing imaginary monsters around.

When i was going up if you wanted to see imaginary monsters you had to know which mushrooms to eat. :lol: :lol:

The alarming part is that these pokemonsters will be the world leaders of tomorrow.

I was fortunate enough to bump into a gang of young people this week in town, they were giving up their time on a lovely sunny day to go around giving out flyers and asking businesses to put up their posters advertising an upcoming fundraiser to raise awareness and funds to go towards helping the homeless in Warrington.  They were polite, caring and inspiring.  If, after they had done their good deeds for the day they want to play an online game, good luck to them.  Not one person on here can honestly say had they been given an iPhone and the pokemon app as a child they would not of at least tried it.

On another thread you dismissed you young people as airheads. I know how you feel about lots of other people from different countries and backgrounds, but what is it you've got against young people?

Airheads with degrees, something about which Observer seems very shy about sharing his qualifications   Could it be he has none but resents those who do?  An art O level evangelist perhaps?

I don't recall anyone on here ever sharing their qualifications.  Mmm now there's a thought, maybe we all should and we could be ranked accordingly rather than having 'likes' and 'reputation points' against our profiles. 
Yeah right like qualifications make someone a much better person than the next one :roll:  

Anyway, I will start....

I have
12 x CSE's
8 x GCE's
3 x A Levels
1 x degree
Oracle Computer Programming qualification
PDMS (piping design) qualification
A couple of other computing certificates (but can't remember what they are other than I did them at Priestley College and Warrington College at some stage purely to get a certificate to 'prove' I could use a computer..how bloody stupid as it was all done on-line anyway and from home and super easy so anyone could have passed it especially if someone was sat with them and helping lol.....I did mine myself though.. I don;t think they ever sent me my certificate for passing though :( Not to worry...I know that I know what I can do)
A 25m swimming certificate and badge
3 Gymnastics badges
A cycling proficiency certificate and badge
Purple belt grade in Karate and Blue belt, 2 red tags, in Judo

Probably more things but I just can't remember and don't really care now as nothing I've done and got certs for has ever been that much use to me in the REAL world  :lol: 

Steady on there dizz could be construed as kinky.

know what you mean about the computer literacy ones got the full set for office, web design one,project management one and database management ones. all done in house at work. apart from the project management. Have few odd ones that are of no real use such as the one vibration training one.

got the appropriate 'o' levels and a 1 gcse, took an apprenticeship after that and managed to get my city and guilds. won a darts trophy and a bowls trophy it that helps as a tie breaker at any stage. None of which qualifies me to do a great deal these days as when i applied for a jobs i was usually told i am over qualified. (read too old or more qualified than the boss, actually when i was signing on and had to produce my certificates to verify my cv i was more qualified than the person who was taking my details).

:lol:  :lol:  re sounding kinky Evils.  My computer one was even worse as most was done from the comfort of my own home and alone.  You just had to read what came up (like on-line lessons) then click to answer question after each module.  I never even bothered reading the lessons, I just skipped through and answered each module but on different days so they didn't realise I wasn't doing it according to their  'plan'.

You must find it annoying to be told you;re overqualified for a job.  Madness that eh?  As for you having to produce your certificates at the job centre crikey I have no idea where any of mine are and last time I remember having then was 34 years ago  when I was 17 and applied for my job at BNFL.  Never seen them since.

Gawd Davy logarithms and algebra... I hated those and the silly little books full of tables.  Yes what on earth was the point in all that.  Oh and Binary, although I did understand that but not much use that I can see unless you're a computer :blink:   

I always thought log-a-rythms were what the natives drums beat out in the jungle films prior to attacking.

According to Mr Pratchett algebra is a place in Klatch.

Keep all mine in a file folder on a shelf in the back bedroom. Must say that the excel course came in handy as i have a spreadsheet set up for my bowling team so i can sort out who was the best player over the season. (bowls gets me out in the fresh air once a week,provides me with adequate exercise and exposure to sunshine most of the time so a tenuous link there to the original topic.)

• Upvote 1