Local Road Census by police

Dizzy

Has anyone been stopped at any of the Police Road Census points that have been moving around Warrington over the last few weeks?

They were on Wilderspool Causeway yesterday and I drove past 3 times but wasn't lucky enough to be pulled over...bugger but I did try :oops::lol:

Why are the doing it and what do they ask? 

I presumed it's all to do with traffic going towards the town centre and something to do with the proposals for the new bridge/road layout scheme as most main roads also seem to have traffic counter cables across them too for when cars go over (I've no idea what they are really called, sorry) .

I've seen comments elsewhere saying they ask where you've been or where you are going and what mobile network you are on but if that's right why do they need to know
your mobile network ?

You get a postcard to fill in which asks where you've come from, where you're going and why, and if you'll be using a motorway.

Plus what phone network you use, I suspect the survey company are killing two birds with one stone there.

There's the option of a prize draw, naturally you need to identify yourself in that case...

Thanks all :D 

Did they say why they are doing it though ?  From the ones we've seen they all seem to be stopping people as they head towards Warrington and the town centre. 
So is it part of the planned road improvements and new bridges.  But saying that how can it be as they've drawn up those plans now and they are shortly out for consultation.

Gosh I'm nosy..... :lol:

Thanks all :D

Did they say why they are doing it though ?  From the ones we've seen they all seem to be stopping people as they head towards Warrington and the town centre. 

So is it part of the planned road improvements and new bridges.  But saying that how can it be as they've drawn up those plans now and they are shortly out for consultation.

Gosh I'm nosy..... :lol:

make sure your late for an appointment then drive past the check point, you will be guaranteed to be stopped.

Not been stopped for one for ages now, got stopped a few times when driving trucks, back then you were asked the questions one of which was is your journey business or pleasure - well officer I am just going down the pub in my 40 ton fully loaded articulated truck.