Green Walk

Shelley

news_clip_image002.jpg" width="575" height="331" align="middle

Enjoy the natural beauty close to home, get some exercise and fresh air, and get to know the Warrington Green Party better. We invite you to a pleasant 4-5 mile walk, led by Appleton Green candidate Shelley Walsh, starting at Owens Corner at 2:00 p.m. on the 27th of April. Email me or call 01925 211962 or 07815 901084 for more information.

Originally posted by Dismayed:

What a lovely picture... where was it taken and is that part of the walk as it looks very tranquil and inviting

Yes, it was, I think it was taken last year, but it looks pretty much the same now.
Are giddy and sligjtly vocal young dogs allowed on your walk too as we'd love to come if they are.... but guess it wouldn't be so tranquil then
I think it's all on public paths where dogs are allowed, so I could hardly stop you, so fine as long as you control them and they don't eat Katie Ashall's little ones. I often see her walking little fluffy ones would probably be frightened by my cat.

Very nice photo.

I had a private memo from a politican who objected to the green party plugging a local event. :roll:

I would like to say ALL political parties can plug things on this public forum - if it is a political issue use the politics soapbox, if it is just general info use the relevant section.

Originally posted by Steve the original:

Originally posted by Gary:

Very nice photo.

I had a private memo from a politican who objected to the green party plugging a local event. :roll:

What a numpty!!! :roll::roll:

Steve

I agree with Steve - mind you, you do have to watch what you post during the election - I'm not sure of the rules and regs, maybe one of the Pauls can explain. But good luck to any politician who post on here most run scared.

In answer to Geoff's question, I think in the regulated election period which commenced on 27th March, the bit that would concern me, if I wanted to be pedantic, would be:

"and get to know the Warrington Green Party better. We invite you to a pleasant 4-5 mile walk, led by Appleton Green candidate"

Yes it is a local event but with a political purpose, so maybe more appropriate in the political section...or left here as it is and the name of the political party removed.

Looking at election offences, :D:D:D

PS Might get Sue Kennedy to join the walk. :D:D

[ 08.04.2008, 20:06: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

Originally posted by Watercolour:

I'm not sure of the rules and regs,

Hey up Geoff, I thought you had stood as a candidate. :D
Haven't got the qualification Paul, but I'd be tempted to tow the cars away and paint in some fluffy bunnies. Love to do the walk but on Sunday my knee packed up after a mile and a half - medial ligament - mind you my backs gone as well and had many weeks of physio to get rid of the tension and packets of Ibufofen. Oh what it is to be young and a green walker.

Originally posted by Billy:

-

Fantastic Photoshoppery. Funnily enough, I did something similar myself. I'll post it some time if I can find it. I made one of the cat driving a car through the same scene, but with snow. I used a picture of a toy car and resized everything to fit. But I didn't get things to match up anywhere near as well as you did. I think if you look really closely you can see that the shadows don't quite look right, but otherwise really impressive.

PS Might get Sue Kennedy to join the walk. :D:D

She would be quite welcome, and there are various possible shortcuts that can be recommended. I looked on the map to see if we were going by your house, but unfortunately not. We are going by John Price's house, so if he sees this, he's welcome to join in at around 2:20-2:30.

"and get to know the Warrington Green Party better. We invite you to a pleasant 4-5 mile walk, led by Appleton Green candidate"

I am not aware of any rules or regulations forbidding politicians promoting what they are doing in the local community.

:confused:

Originally posted by Shelley:

Originally posted by Dismayed:

Are giddy and sligjtly vocal young dogs allowed on your walk too as we'd love to come if they are.... but guess it wouldn't be so tranquil then

I think it's all on public paths where dogs are allowed, so I could hardly stop you, so fine as long as you control them and they don't eat Katie Ashall's little ones. I often see her walking little fluffy ones would probably be frightened by my cat.
Thanks, I always keep her on a lead anyway otherwise she'd run off :D

[ 09.04.2008, 10:32: Message edited by: Dismayed ]