Another EU vote

Milky

Here are some questions for all of you to ponder.

If you had your vote again would you use it differently?

Do you believe we will be asked to vote again on the EU membership?

If yes what would need to change for you to vote to remain part of EU

nope i would still vote.

Quite likely after all we got the wrong answer didn't we? (according to the remain camp)

The flight path of the pigs.

The nation appears to be divided because of the infantile posts on the likes of Facebook, demanding the £350million a week be paid to the NHS etc. We are not out of the bloody EU yet by a long chalk. The pound is starting to show signs of recovery, the FTSE100 and FTSE250 have started to rise again....

Yes it was a shock to most that the leave campaign actually won, but I think it is disgraceful the way politicians are now starting to suggest that the vote wouldn't be honoured because it wasn't mandatory, only advisory...but then again it never said the NHS would get £350 million a week after Brexit either on the side of that campaign bus... it actually said "We send the EU £350 million a week.... Let's fund our NHS instead" or "We send the EU £50 million a day.... Let's fund our NHS instead" depending on which bus you look at. That in itself was misleading but we still send millions a day/week. No worse than the Chancellor standing up and stating there would be an emergency budget if we voted leave...etc ....etc...

No side is innocent of the charge of misleading the public over the "facts" 

We voted out and that should be that. We make the most of it and do the best deals we can

• Upvote 4

I think there are most probably very disgruntled voters on both sides of the argument. No-one likes to be lied to or misled.

But this was a very important decision for all our futures and we were lied to / mislead by the people who run / aspire to run our country. How can this be acceptable?

How can people make a truly informed choice when the information supplied is false?

This referendum couldn't possibly be considered a 'democratic decision' it was based on lies.

If something like this happened in another country Britain would be the first to be shouting 'fraud'.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

In the original referendum to stay in the Common Market ,as it was then, the government forgot to tell the voters they were signing up for a long term goal of political union.That was misleading.

Concerning this latest fiasco,i am of the belief that DC seriously underestimated the electorate.The negotiation earlier in the year delivered negligible improvements but he had already offered the referendum  & by doing so stuck his head in a noose. I believe DC was confident of the voters rubber stamping his tough negotiations & taking the decision to Leave or Stay out of his hands, thereby saving him the embarrassment of coming back from Brussels virtually empty handed except for a handful of promises that probably wouldn't come about anyway. He got his fingers burned.

• Upvote 2

This whining from Remainians about "lies" is becoming rather tiresome: the arguments were about the future, by definition an unknowable quantity, thus open to speculation by both sides. The only "facts" that were available, were past and present performance, and in the case of the results of free movement, that was evidently enough for Leavers.     8)

Only naïve idiots would believe that they can glean factual information about the future, so not lies, merely speculation. The extent of the stupidity is demonstrated when such people ask, "why isn't the £350pw being paid into the NHS?" -  well for starters; cos it's still being paid into the EU, and will continue to be for at least 2 years of exit negotiations. At which time, it will be for a UK Gov to decide their budgets and priorities; no one on either side of the arguement  was ever in a position to promise anything, merely offer personal opinion as to how things could be. So let's forget the promises for a second and concentrate on facts: and the fact was and is, that we have over 800,000 migrants from Poland alone in the Country; all requiring school places, housing, NHS usage etc etc - that's fact that people were, through personal experience acutely aware of, and prepared to vote against. However, that to, will have to await at least 2 years of exit negotiations;  and the question will be, will the political elite sell out on the freedom of movement issue, in order to maintain a place in the single market.        8)

will the political elite sell out on the freedom of movement issue, in order to maintain a place in the single market

Never mind maintaining a place in the market, the people in the frame for prime minister would sell their own mothers to keep in power, so good luck with that one.

All the rest is just glozing to cover your embarrassment.

What "embarrassment" ??????  Not my fault if some folk don't understand the situation, and start stamping their feet and spitting out their dummies.     I'm delighted with the result of the referendum, and just hope those with the sense to vote Leave, maintain their insistence on control of our own borders.     8)  

Mr Osborne is telling us that his fiscal plan for reducing debt before 2020 is now out of the window, thanks to Brexit, while at the same time experts are telling us that our economy was going down the pan long before the voters saw sense.

I must say ,while our economy is supposed to be traumatised, I have seen worse exchange rates against the Euro when times were supposed to be good.

Here are some questions for all of you to ponder.

No

No....and we shouldn't be

I imagine Osbourne is thanking Brexit (in private) for giving him excuse for his policies failing :lol: :lol:

I sense that there will be many people and organisations who will be looking to blame Brexit for their own failings. In particular I think we need to look carefully at those business leaders on massive remuneration packages who blame Brexit for a down turn in their business, now there might be some justification in blaming Brexit....but it shouldn't be taken as gospel and shareholders and non executive directors should give the matter close scrutiny. Ditto scrutiny to all governmental type organisations as well. With regards to Mr Osborne, not sure he will remain as Chancellor for much longer.....not sure that he wanted a Referendum in any case.

• Upvote 1

I think the government should avoid blood letting at all costs  ,it would be tragic to lose most of the government front bench as well.

Irrespective of their thoughts on the referendum ,all parties in parliament need to focus on running the country first & foremost while taking into account the referendum result.

Still on the EU:  believe Spain and Portugal have been pulled up by Brussels for not reigning in their budgets, as per EU (austerity) rules. Seems the penalty for non-compliance is a series of fines by the EU, until they comply. So Greece aren't the only country being made to suffer it seems.    8)