Who will win

Milky

IN or Out.

I recon the in crowd will have it, simply on the bases as it is better the devil you know then leaping into the unknown.

I have decided to vote out but there is a part of me that is not that comfortable with that.

A dither to the end  :P

However in the end I do not believe we will leave whatever the vote, we will be given some extra consecrations in the event of a leave vote  and asked to vote again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I think the only thing to emerge from the referendum campaign is that, unless we can find a better way of doing it, this should be the last ever referendum. It is a completely unsatisfactory way of deciding a complex issue. I am not voting - not because I haven't got an view, but because I realise my view is purely a gut feeling.  And  I suspect most other people, if they would only admit it, are the same.  A gut feeling is not good enough and the misleading and hysterical campaigns waged by both sides have failed to provide any impartial guidance to enable anyone to make an informed decision.  Many people may THINK they are making an informed decision when in fact they are votiing on a predetermined prejudice. It just isn't good enough!

• Upvote 1

It will be close despite the BBC's best efforts at weighting their impartiality and conveniently forgetting to report on the migrant crisis recently. I do worry a little about postal votes given our constituencies vulnerable to fraud and what happened in Austria a couple of weeks ago. I do hope that we take back our democratic right to remove our decision makers. Hillary Benn should have listened to his father who, along with Enoch Powell, understood completely what would happen to our Parliamentary democracy back in the seventies.

• Upvote 4

Does the vote get counted as one total per in or out or are will still using constituency seats to decide?

You know though, i think what the EU has done is to make successive governments lazier in their ways of running our country as they have taken advantage of what Brussels had to offer.It would be interesting to see if the out vote carries & our MPs have to actually run the country as a separate entity.

Many MPs & members of the public don't realise that Britain is still a great country without leaning on the EU crutch.

It will be a total vote, not by constituency. Make sure you vote, Adam. If it's remain you will never get the chance again. If it's leave, you probably will.

Some of the remain politicians have virtually confessed to being incapable of passing legislation and running the country if we leave. Best we get rid of them - Cameron and Osborne - if you ask me.

It will be close despite the BBC's best efforts at weighting their impartiality and conveniently forgetting to report on the migrant crisis recently. I do worry a little about postal votes given our constituencies vulnerable to fraud and what happened in Austria a couple of weeks ago. I do hope that we take back our democratic right to remove our decision makers. Hillary Benn should have listened to his father who, along with Enoch Powell, understood completely what would happen to our Parliamentary democracy back in the seventies.

The migrant crisis is still ongoing in Calais. Just this week, they were forced to basically close the entire port because rocks were being thrown at passing cars and trucks to try to get them to stop so they could get onto the back of lorries.... I was in Calais a few months back (at about 2am in the morning) and I have never seen so many police vehicles in one place since they filmed OJ Simpson driving down the freeway in America.... I don't think it is an issue with France not committing enough resources to the problem, it appears to be more a case of what they can actually do with the people once they stop them, arrest them and release them.... the only place they go is back to Calais to try again...and again....and again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3651956/Hundreds-migrants-closed-Calais-violent-rampage-tried-board-ferries-UK-police-used-tear-gas-force-back.html

The migrant "crisis" will continue for decades, adding millions to EU populations and the social turmoil that that involves; so with each reported incident, whether it's the guy who walked through the chunnel and has now received asylum, will just keep turning folk off the EU & ECHR and the centralist elites. So I think we'll be looking at a new political landscape from now on, and not just in the UK.    8)

who has voted already. I haven't, will do it later.

I voted but only got there about 8.30pm.   Unlike the local/general elections when I usually go at a similar time I wasn't the only one there and there was actually a queue tonight.

I recon the result will be a win for the IN's side and that their scaremongering and obvious total lack of any belief that we as a country could actually do anything and compete in the big wild world outside of the umbrella of the EU may well have won over most of the undecided and/or confused voters to join their side.

Lots of other EU countries were apparently displaying our flag and lighting up their buildings in out flag colours......I wonder if that was because they were trying to say "please stay UK' or if it was a 'go for it UK and leave then we might have to bottle to follow you and leave too....'

Well, the Brexiteers have done their own scaremongering, I don't think either side comes out of this covered in glory in that respect.

The rest is a good way of phrasing the question though. Best case scenario for me would be a win for remain, but one that prompts a wholesale reform of the EU.

There's a lot wrong with the EU, and there's not only the UK who isn't happy with the way things are.

This was never a left/right or Labour/Tory issue, we only have to look at our local MPs to illustrate that.

I voted to stay but, as a democrat, imperfect though the mechanism may be, I'll abide by the consequences if it goes the other way. Though I don't think it will do for them what they hope it will.

I've always liked the cut of John Harris's jib:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/23/united-kingdom-two-nations-political-chasm-left

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Oh dear. At least we get to see what's in the mystery box. I see the pound has dropped to its lowest point since 1985 and it is impossible to buy Euros online at the Post Office.  well done, seems we may have voted for another Lehmans style crash.

Any idea what time the £350 million gets delivered to the NHS?

• Downvote 1

Oh dear. At least we get to see what's in the mystery box. I see the pound has dropped to its lowest point since 1985 and it is impossible to buy Euros online at the Post Office.  well done, seems we may have voted for another Lehmans style crash.

I voted out, then sat up most of the night doubting myself.

the out campaigners expected a early shock, so what happened is not unexpected.

However footing the bill for massive immigration + a huge deficit + cut + ever increasing payments to the EU based on the income that includes crime + a E U that is failing both politically and economically, Something had to give though, the EU didn't t in its negotiations failing to see the problems in the U K, so now we have an out vote.

• Upvote 2

Oh, you're so impatient.

It will take several years and a great deal of effort to finally extract the cash hungry ones hands from our pockets.

As for the financial situation, look at it as a punishment beating, the money jugglers aren't happy at our temerity, it's inconvenienced them a lot.   

I suppose, after the cut & thrust of the campaign,  today is  like Christmas morning when the presents have been unwrapped & you find the socks are no different to what already have dozens of pairs of.

Now though is the time for British politicians to become that just again & get out there on the world stage & do their jobs instead of just being delivery boys for the latest EU directives.

As for all the panic, there was a Great Britain before the EU came along ,but most of the people of clout who are criticising the result to leave, have never known life without the EU.

Time for the first step on the road to greatness again for UK PLC.

The NHS will never receive an extra £350,000,000 per week as a result of the democratic decision to leave the EU. As an aside, and on a lighter note, the big winners of the referendum result are the media and commentators as they will have years of being able to comment on the exit negotiations....just wondering if there might be a job opportunity for me.

PS This is what I posted sometime ago on this Forum, and for the record and as has been reported elsewhere I voted to remain.

23 May 2016 - 05:48 pm

Just a thought, if, as the Prime Minister says, leaving the EU would be a disaster for the UK, why did he call a Referendum? The debate on both sides, has frankly been a disgrace....and with another month to go it can only get worse, with unsubstantiated claims and counter claims. Even though I never wanted a Referendum, but will vote, I hope there is a large turnout with a clear result. And what will be will be, and we just have to get on making the best of the situation....in or out, I sense the UK, and its hard pressed citizens, will be shafted one way or another.