Things you can't buy anymore

Latchford Locks

you know, if all these items were so great, folk would have kept on buying them and they would still be flying off the shelves.  The exception being cheap  petrol at 70's prices  which is not really relevant.

Burton's Potato Puffs.   My mouth's watering just thinking about them....

Ohhhh youv'e got my belly rumbling thinking of them

And there was also a brand that copied them think they were called Nibbits they always sold them at the after school club along with orange coloured tap water :cry:  I reckon it was a nice side line for one of the teachers :lol:

• 1 month later...

Dundee biscuits!!!  

Petrol by the gallon (and it was half the price charged for a litre these days) :mrgreen:

And free glasses, still got loads off them in the attic :)

For anyone with a few minutes to spare'

And fancy a bit of nostalgia

The PG ads were one of the best, Tetely Tea Folk were fab too, and so were the Hamlet ads, the mild cigar from Benson and Hedges (is it allowed to mention tobacco .products anymore or have I just committed a crime?)

Here is one, if your under 18 and in some states 21 please do not click as it is likely to corrupt young minds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiHR11QqIoI

if you have more time 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIckHmwZAeI

Note how political correctness creaps in as the ads get newer!

also Foxes mints are so memorable, why they ever dropped the bear and the fox on the mint is beyond me and nuts all hazel nuts Cadberies make them and they cover them with chocolate

• Upvote 2

I managed to buy a pack of Potato Puffs not too long back and they looked and tasted were exactly the same as I remembered them.

I hope they were some kind of nostalgia thing rather than just old stock but I'm still here anyway so it doesn't matter.

Nibbits, there's a name I've not heard in ages and used to be a great favorite of mine.

They were a bit like Quavers but smaller and harder and without the cheesy taste in fact nothing at all like Quavers but they were spot on with a bottle of pop on a summer evening.

Dundee biscuits in packs of four and I could eat a whole pack!

The EU banned them because they were made in Rawtenstall rather than Dundee and since then I've only seen one poor imitation of one that was huge and not very good.

Bill :)

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I think you already said that!

With a minority of 48% of the vote, that's an awful lot of people having the wishes of others foisted upon them, so I'm not a long way off.

Regarding PC, can you remember the last time you felt you wasn't able to say something you wanted to say?

Oh, and Dumdum, it was banned by them Health & Safety loonies:

2ttHwgxr.jpg

Well not really, brexit was about the will of the majority, PC is all about pressure groups and loonies forcing their will on others.

oops sorry about this, I tried to post via a phone and it was telling me it had not posted :(

Yeah, I think you already said that!

With a minority of 48% of the vote, that's an awful lot of people having the wishes of others foisted upon them, so I'm not a long way off.

Regarding PC, can you remember the last time you felt you wasn't able to say something you wanted to say?

Oh, and Dumdum, it was banned by them Health & Safety loonies:

2ttHwgxr.jpg

RE your cartoon do you believe it ois OK to insulate and belittle men and white people?

• Upvote 1