Sign in to follow this  
observer

Ta Mac -

Can we thank Mac at the Council for tarmacking King Edward St; which really didn't need doing; whilst surrounding streets, with a minefield of pot-holes, like Oakland St did need doing.

Wow that was quick! I was in King Edward Street at lunchtime today and they had only got around to stripping the old surface. Did they close the road for the afternoon for laying the new tarmac?

I don't know what you're complaining about to be honest, I've seen a lot of roads being resurfaced recently, and  i would have thought that the main roads ( and King Edward Street is a particularly busy thoroughfare to my knowledge) would take priority. If you were in charge (HF) would you prioritise main roads or the side street where you live for resurfacing (think carefully, I did say "if  YOU were in charge)?

Think the point I was making was that imo King Edward St didn't need resurfacing; certainly not in comparison to other roads close by, which are pitted with pot holes.  Normally, main roads would take priory - if they needed doing.

Think the point I was making was that imo King Edward St didn't need resurfacing; 

What training, education and on site experience do you have to qualify this opinion?

Oh dear, the MPs attack puppy strikes again. It's called opinion, and enough common sense to note when a road is worn and pitted, which King Edward St wasn't. Wear and tear doesn't always occure in line with programme schedules.

• Upvote 3

Oh dear, the MPs attack puppy strikes again. It's called opinion, and enough common sense to note when a road is worn and pitted, which King Edward St wasn't. Wear and tear doesn't always occure in line with programme schedules.

so absolutely no experience, education or training to back up your wild claims, just inaccurate and pathetic accusations against anyone who points out your complete and utter lack of any formal qualification to judge which road needs and doesn't need resurfacing.  Opinion is fine but unless contained in fact is just nonsense.  In my opinion you are a complete cock,  does that make it fact????  it does by your rules.

• Downvote 1

Fortunately not all of us are mindless automatons, who accept everything and anything they're told by the "qualified"; but are able to see with our own eyes and exercise free thinking.  :roll:

• Upvote 3

Fortunately not all of us are mindless automatons, who accept everything and anything they're told by the "qualified"; but are able to see with our own eyes and exercise free thinking.  :roll:

As I said and good of you to confirm, you are speaking from a position of rank amateur and have no knowledge just your own guesses.

Perhaps the highways people should hold a local referendum to gauge residents opinions as to whether or not a certain stretch of road needs resurfacing or not. Would that keep you happy Obs?

The road I live on was resurfaced last year, I asked one of the supervisors whether it needed doing as it looked as if it did not, he smiled and told me to reach my own conclusions.

Who decides you need a new driveway Asp - the Council? Or do you decide when it needs renewing ?

What on earth has that to do with whether the towns' roads need resurfacing Obs? Or do you think that if I decide that the public highway at the front of my house needs resurfacing, in my opinion, then the council should do it? Apples and oranges.

Incidently my driveway does need doing, do you think the council will do it for me (free of charge) if I ask nicely? No, I thought not!

I heard that a treacherous worn area had developed on the roadway of the busy junction, in a line from the door of the King and Queen pub to the bookies.

Might be true, might not.

But someone has to make the decision, and that someone is better qualified than you or me.

No doubt the likelihood of a poor road surface contributing to an accident with resulting compo claims could influence decisions.

Asp, merely pointing out that deciding whether tamac needs renewing isn't exactly rocket science.   :rolleyes:

It is to PJ :P