Windows 10 ?

I actually updated it first in October and it crashed after 24 hours. I returned to Windows 7 with some help from support, who suggested I leave it a few months until Microsoft had ironed out the bugs. I haven't had any problems this time.

For the vast majority of users Windows 7 works and changing to 10 wont suddenly make an old PC into something radically better.

But you may as well change and get used to the differences with how it works because you'll have to do it at some point. 

Bill :)

As Bill says.... eventually Microsoft stop supporting earlier windows versions and all new software and updates from 3rd party companies eventually only support the latest versions too... no point working with old technology

I'm still on Windows 7 and have no intention of upgrading to 10  other than if I have to buy a new laptop or pc and have no choice.  Can't upgrade anyway as some of my older software is not compatible with Windows 8 so wont be compatible with 10 either and no way can I afford to buy it all again.

Mr Dizzy has Windows 8 on his laptop and it's been a pain in the <you know where> in my opinion and so hard to find stuff or fix problems too (that's my job as he hates computers so I have to sort all the time). 
Mine is so simple and never has a problem so I'm sticking with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Best get yourself a Ford Model T to go with it too :)

At least it would get me to work when my big flash Merc would be sat on the drive after a fault in one of its multiple £330 signal acquisition modules chucked a p0600, flagged a serial communications link fault and crashed the Canbus, turning my big silver 'all eyes on me' status symbol into a paperweight...

At least it would get me to work when my big flash Merc would be sat on the drive after a fault in one of its multiple £330 signal acquisition modules chucked a p0600, flagged a serial communications link fault and crashed the Canbus, turning my big silver 'all eyes on me' status symbol into a paperweight...

You need a STAR machine and Mobilo... my big flash silver status symbol had an air suspension problem in Grantham. Mercedes came, picked the car up and took it to the dealer in Bolton (My choice - Warrington's dealer is awful) and gave me a brand new hire car of equivalent status (well almost - it was an E Class) which I kept until my car was ready. Drove home in the hire car, drove it to Bolton when mine was fixed and left it there for them to worry about how to get it back to Cambridge where it was sent from and only paid for labour and discounted parts (My mate works in the parts dept at Bolton) plus they gave me an extra 10% off. New air suspension ride height sensor fitted and all is well....

Why would you drive anything else :)

It's alright for some...but I baulk at paying £100 for an opinion, an offer to investigate further and a paper floor mat every time a Merc throws a sulk!

Bring it round to mine.... I only charge a beer token :)

Sadly I decided to upgrade Mr Dizzy's Win 8 Laptop to Windows10 tonight (still not doing mine though ha ha). 

I got so fed up of him whinging about the messages he gets (like I do but I just ignore) and his auto scheduled upgrade notification he got today too was stressing him out too (for this weekend unless he cancelled like I did) so I just grabbed his bloody laptop and told him I was going to upgrade it as he has no other software installed to worry about.

And then he fell asleep.....

THREE hours later (YAWN) it finally finished upgrading and all seemed fine and working. I did have to tell it to use firefox again though and set that up as it was a bit squiffy but THEN I clicked on his email (outlook 2016) and guess what...HAVE TO SET IT UP FROM SCRATCH as it seems it doesn't know that is what he's always used.

So OK I can do that but sh*te...will he have now lost all his old emails he's received and sent?  Before I go ahead and set it up from scratch or revert straight back to Win 8 is there a way I can get Windown 10 to retrieve and set up his emails again before he notices.  GAWD he will kill me if I can't sort it before he wakes up.as he had some important emails..

So much for them saying upgrade to 10 and don't worry  'everything will be just where you left it'  eek !!  I should have listened to you Obs :|

On the plus side though at least it wasn't my PC :lol:

I don't understand everyones ups and downs I just clicked the upgrade icon put a Wires game on tele and after the game went back to my pc and bobs your uncle there it was a nice spanking new operating system with all the bells and whistles operating fine.Even some of the older software I had on the machine worked fine inc.Microsoft Money(circa.1998)!!!

Ok maybe I dropped lucky and this post will come back to haunt me one day,but I'm 3 months into the upgrade so fingers crossed.

My emails hotmail & gmail were both fine.

Remind me never to ask Mr Dizzy what email retrieval system he uses after he's been out watching the rugby and had a few pints and is half asleep again......

I finally figured it out mid morning and the reason Outlook 2016 was asking me to set his up from scratch after the upgrade last night and the reason I stayed up until almost 3am trying to fugure our WHY Outlook which, by the way. is part of MS Office 365 not the operating system, was no longer working is because the blummin' muppet had never actually used it anyway....he gets his emails by logging in direct to Virgin Media.

So prior to upgrading when I asked him 'do you use Outlook 2016 for your emails' and he said 'YES'  he clearly either just wasn't listening to me as usual or was away with the fairies somewhere.

Now what he doesn't realise is I am the person who has access to our master Virgin account so I'm so tempted to delete his personal email address and all his emails now or maybe I will just to simply block him from using it for being a complete numpty  :lol: :lol:

Anyway re his 8 to Windows 10 upgrade...he's not moaned once today when he's been using his laptop so I guess it's not much different going from that version.

Still not going to do mine from Windows 7 though...I like what I have :D