EU - in or out?

Gary

Not from your point of view, as most, if not all, posters don't share your view; so I guess your left with disruptive digression.    8)

there are about a half a dozen regular posters on this topic, this forum is not a very accurate cross section of the uk voting demographics.  You have been whinging and bleating about the EU, migration and forriners for years, jumping from supporting BNP, EDL,UKIP over this time.  Nothing original to see here.

Its probably because in the real world you can't remain anonymous,  you keep making these little allusions to violence, are you a violent person?  Trust me, if we were face to face and you were spouting your usual odious views, I would mock you equally to the mocking I do here.

Don't like sport, don't like Neanderthals - so I'll give it a miss.

is that because Neanderthals make you feel inferior in regards to evolution or is it your usual go to nonsense that they are coming over here, stealing our berries, taking the best caves lol

The joint purposes of the EU - a supranational power - are ever closer political union, ever closer monetary union, and ever closer economic union. David Cameron's 'negotiation' with Donald Tusk et al in February resulted in the UK possibly retaining a veto on the political element and retaining the right to stay out of the euro - all subject to ratification er, after the referendum. What does that leave us with? Never wishing to join their currency but always subject to its performance, always resisting Euro-centric power but being subject to its law-making, and clinging to a closed-shop economy that is actually shrinking. Why do they want us as members under those conditions? It is clear we don't want to be full members.

Given that the UK is one of two gross contributing nations in the EU AND has a massive trade deficit, I think the member states will wish to continue trading in a tariff-free environment.

Furthermore, only an idiot would wish to be governed by a group of people (EU Commission) that cannot be de-selected, voted out, whatever. And only an idiot would wish to continue with the complete and unfettered free movement of people as we currently have. The inability to plan for housing (we always fail there), educational places and standards, NHS, roads, other services is actually catastrophic for budgets everywhere. When you go for your weekly shop you always like to know roughly how many people will be staying in your house next week.

By the way, when the Met Office states that the UK's average temperature will drop 10% if we leave the EU but increase if we stay - their catastrophic prediction will be full of sh*t too!

This post was put up on Facebook by my mates wife about an hour ago. My mate is a old Punk Rocker and veteran of many "causes" over the years, some I have agreed with and some I didn't. He also stood for election as a Labour candidate in the recent local elections..... His wife is Slovakian.

"Just a little thought about EU Referendum....nobody knows what will happen if we leave or if we stay....nobody left before.....we can only guess.....all this rubbish about trading when we leave.....if people want to make it difficult they will....but they can make it very easy as well.....just sign another agreement (without EU logo on it) .....things can be the same ....everybody need import / export.....good deal is a good deal, no need for EU logo .....and visa problems? nothing to do with EU.....just agreement between countries....for example: me as a Slovak person can visit Turkey or even America without visa....person from UK need a visa to both.....Slovakia and UK are in EU, but Turkey and America not.....so it`s nothing to do with EU....i am not saying to stay or to leave EU, just think that not everything is so black and white as it`s presented to us...not every country has the same needs and desires so i believe that every country should be able to make decisions for themselves...."

The elephant in that room in Brussels is the real prospect that if the UK keystone is taken out, the whole rotten structure is going to collapse - let's hope so. There is an assumption that all the other EU states are in love with the EU, but the reality is quiet different.  The EU has inflicted punitive austerity on Greece, Spain, Italy and Portugal, resulting in up to 50% unemployment amongst the young; which inevitably leads to greater migration, which in turn leads to greater social instability.  IN or OUT, the EU is a failed project;  being directed by un-elected bureocrats  that have lost touch with the populations they supposed to serve, assuming serving their populations was ever a consideration in the first place.     8)