EU - in or out?

Gary

back to every election UKIP lose being rigged by Labour and the ethnics,  how did they do that in South Thanet?  What is your evidence of it happening in Oldham?  Is there an investigation into the Labour party in either of these places? 

You don't think it could be Farage making stuff up, I can see why you like him so much.

I don't blame immigrants as I wouldn't blame folk swimming to a life boat, but the danger of a capsize means it's "them or us"; so we need rational beings in charge to make the decisions to turn them around.  This isn't just a temporary fluke caused by a war  in the M/East; this is now a permanent exodus of anyone seeking " a better life"; so it will continue, ad inf.   :roll:    In S/Thanet it is the Tories who are under investigation (read the news) and Nigel didn't make an official complaint in either case.   The fact you haven't a clue as to how the postal voting scam works, just underlines how clueless you are about life in general.   :wink:

In my opinion,a vote to stay in the EU will mean an end to democracy in the UK & our Parliament will be reduced to an assembly with no other purpose than to implement laws handed down by Europe  & to allocate the money it doles out to us. There will be no need for British lawmakers in a Brussels bureaucracy.

I don't blame immigrants as I wouldn't blame folk swimming to a life boat, but the danger of a capsize means it's "them or us"; so we need rational beings in charge to make the decisions to turn them around. This isn't just a temporary fluke caused by a war in the M/East; this is now a permanent exodus of anyone seeking " a better life"; so it will continue, ad inf. :roll: In S/Thanet it is the Tories who are under investigation (read the news) and Nigel didn't make an official complaint in either case. The fact you haven't a clue as to how the postal voting scam works, just underlines how clueless you are about life in general. :wink:

No the Garage balloon took to Twitter and the media to voice his lies. Even his own party disowned the statements. I never asked how the postal voting scam works I asked if you had any evidence of it happening in Oldham. comr on, cards on the table, show me what proof you have or I and everyone on here will know it's just another of your smearing lies and a desperate attempt to explain the fact that ukip failed

So if you know how the PV scam works; you prove it didn't happen in Oldham. We can both play the "prove it" game !  :wink: Short of "goggle box" CCTV in every home; there's no way of "proving" it either way.  PV was brought in for those who couldn't get to a polling station, either through work or disability; it is now available on demand.  Any established Party with a comprehensive data base of support and locally developed associations will be in a prime position to exploit it. Why do you think we hardly see  Parties knocking on doors anymore; not just to avoid abuse or assault; but simply because they don't want to wake up opposition voters, it's now a cynical forensic matter of establishing and identifying support and ensuring they actually vote. It's about winning votes, not arguments.  :ph34r:

So if you know how the PV scam works; you prove it didn't happen in Oldham. We can both play the "prove it" game !  :wink:

what a pathetic statement, I am not claiming anything unlike you who has made yet another groundless allegation from the anonymity of his keyboard, (mummies brave little soldier) .  Come on, show us all some evidence to back up your allegation or apologise for lying.

As I've said, the PV system is open to abuse, which is almost impossible to prove, short of CCTV in households and it's unlikely therefore, that the beneficeries  are likely to change it any time soon.  :wink: Now perhaps we can return to the original topic, if you've any arguments left !   :lol:

Voting in the Referendum is MORE important than voting in a general election - so says Warrington South MP David Mowat - see my exclusive video interview coming soon!

Unless you are in favour of staying in the EU of course... If that's the case, have a lie in :)

Voting in the referendum is BY FAR more important than turning out for the usual suspects with their coloured rosettes, who you just know are then going to disappear for another four years.

This decision on the political, economic and social future of this country for decades to come has been downgraded (probably intentionally) into a personality battle where the same old talking heads go blah, blah, blah.

Perhaps the idea is that the result will be decided by voter indifference.  

• Upvote 1

On the face of it, referendums are more important; but I'm not sure the Dutch or the Irish would agree.  Perhaps the political consequences of this referendum will prove more important - EG: Will it finally split the Tory Party?  Will it be the end of Cameron's reign? Will it set up new political options for future UK domestic politics ?    :wink:

Will the EU accept the outcome of the vote if it returns a "leave" result... ??

on the basis of previous referendums within the block, I doubt they will just roll over and let us walk away without a demand we have another go and try and get the result they want.

If they don't - and seeing that a leave result would have far more damaging consequences for the EU than any of the previous ones, it just shows what they really think of us anyway!

• Upvote 2

Posted by a chap called Colin Jones .... it makes sense.

Just read this and some up my feelings exactly was posted in reply to an IN CAMPAIGNI don't know who wrote this ..but if your sitting on the fence and not sure how to vote please read this thank you .....

Dont know who wrote this but its absolutely spot on.

I'm not into politics, and I dont pretend I know whats going on, politically, half the time, but, I know whats right and whats wrong, and I think I'm pretty good at judging people.
I always voted Labour, because that was the thing to do, living in the North East.
My dad was North East secretary for the Transport and General Workers Union, and the Shop Steward for the TGW at Tees Dock, where he worked.
He was staunch Labour, and if they were good enough for him, they were good enough for me.

Years passed, my dad died, and I carried on voting Labour, UNTIL Tony Blair became the leader.
Never trusted him. He was Smarmy, and definately not representative of the working classes he was supposed to represent.
Then we got Gordon Brown, then Milliband. All cut from the same cloth. Now we have Corbyn, a joke of a man who refuses to sing the national anthem, but wants to serve in her majestys government.
Since Blair, I never voted Labour again. Actually, I never voted at all. Could never vote for the Tories or LibDems. Could never trust a Tory and the other mob were just making up the numbers, but had no real policies because they themselves, never actually believed they'd get in, but were too busy trying to satisfy everybody.

I, like the rest of the country, just plodded on, whoever was running the country. I never benefitted from them, even under Labour, who were supposed to look after me.

Now this referendum has come up. I remember when we went into the EU, sort of. We had to do a project at school about it. Back then, there were 7 (or 9) countries in it.... and thats as much notice as I took.

Now, we are being told we are better off staying in. If we leave, jobs will be lost. House prices will fall. Inflation will rise. The country will be at risk from attack etc etc etc.

This is where all the previous stuff I wrote is heading.....

Since joining the EU in 1973, the Dock Labour scheme has been scrapped (this would have guaranteed me a job when I was 21, on fantastic wages)
The docks were privatised, and the dockers are on just above minimum wage.

The whole of the British coal industry has gone.

Nearly all of the shipbuilding has gone.
ICI has gone, sold off to Americans (who ran it into the ground and laid off thousands)

British Steel has gone. Sold off to far eastern companies. Again, thousands laid off year after year until there wasnt the workforce to make it viable.

All our power companies, and possibly the water companies as well, are foreign owned (Even British Gas)

Coachworks, that build our trains in Derby and York, have had to close or lay thousands off, because our governments gave the work to foreign coach builders (they said they had to put it out to tender. EU rules.

We are now living in a country were no job is secure. 
Workers rights dont exist (dont believe the governments spiel about we are better off in the EU to protect our workers rights).
If you want to claim unfair dismissal nowadays, you need to have worked at that company for 2 years (unless you are claiming for discrimination).

There are more people working through agencies now than ever before, and, whereas in the past, agency workers were on good money, they aren't anymore.
Agencies are killing the economy. You cant get a mortgage, a bank loan, a car or credit to buy goods, if you work through an agency.

Zero hours contracts ! Where did these appear from ? Where were the EU workers rights that day ?
Why are they still being allowed to be used, and why are the government allowed to sanction people who refuse to take these jobs ?

Housing. 
Young couples cant afford mortgages nowadays, unless they are both in well paid, secure jobs (as secure as jobs can be nowadays)
God help those living down south. Prices are bad enough in the north.
Those with money, like investors, businessmen etc, will buy these cheaper house and make a killing when the prices go back up (which they will)

Inflation will rise.
Thats why its called inflation.
I have recently found out the EU control what price we pay for petrol.

Our National Security is at risk outside of the EU.

Really !!!! European countries opened their borders to thousands, if not millions of migrants, allowing them to pass through wherever they wanted to go, unchecked.
We are more at risk being part of the EU than we'll ever be if we leave. We will still have the back up of NATO, should we ever need it (they'll need us more than we'll need them) as we will still be part of Europe.

Lets also not forget, that the EU banned punishment in schools. Ive always said, since that happened, we, as a country, have gone downhill. Kids now have no respect for teachers, for the police, for their elders. They are practically feral.
National service should be brought back, to at least give them a chance in life.

The European Court Of Human Rights.
Oh yeah. This is the court that lets hate preachers, foreign criminals, rapists, muderers and paedophiles waste our money by us wanting to deport them, and they say, no, you cant. The accused has a cat that wont be looked after if hes deported. It would be laughable if it wasnt so serious.

The NHS. The jewel in the UK's crown. Being run into the ground by successive governments, in order for it to be no longer cost effective, so that it can be sold off to the private sector.
Currently bursting at the seams, because the whole world wants a piece of it. Why suffer when you can come over here and be treated for free, even though you have never contributed a penny towards it.

I know everyone has their own mind, and will vote however they want, but I just hope the majority of this country see sense on referendum day, and do the right thing for past, present and future generations.
We managed well enough before we joined, and we'll manage well enough if we leave.
Rant Over

• Upvote 2

Watching TV News tonight, you'd have thought the idea of a points based immigration system was rocket science. It's all quite simple: first requirement being that all applicants for an entry visa to work can read, write and speak English. Next, based on the skills data requirements of our economy, points are awarded to those skills required, thus making the issuing of a work permit (temporary) easier and quicker. This then offers a controlled immigration system as opposed to the current come one, come all shambles.   :wink:

It still doesn't solve the problem of speculative migrants turning  up mob handed to scale the cliffs of Dover.

What sounds more to the point about objections to a points based system is the attitude that it will kill industry with putting a stop to the supply of cheap labour. We are supposed to be in a country that is proud to pay its workers at least a minimum wage & soon to be increased to a living wage.

.    Dave, the idea of a points based immigration system, is to ensure that those we require for the benefit of our economy, are allowed to work here (preferably on temporary visas) to make up for skill shortages. However this shouldn't get UK Govs off the hook, who have a duty to produce an indigenous workforce capable of filling these posts.  As for the rest, without a visa, they would be illegal entrants and hopefully subject to immediate deportation.

Yes ,i understand the points system Obs, but it won't stop the migrants travelling across  Europe to camp on our door step. Their next obstacle is then to cross the channel & once they are in have we really got faith in our Border Agency to catch these people without losing them again in "the system" ? Have we even got faith in Government agencies & politicians to send these people back ? We have a long & failing history of getting rid of undesirables & if the Callands One gets his way & we are still shackled to Europe in 3 weeks time then getting rid of fugitives will be even harder.