Good Deal ?

observer

Maybe that was his ticket for the Euro gravy train Obs. The man is obviously keen to keep us in ,but he must think the public are simple enough to believe our EU friends will not renege on all their spoutings of support before the ink is dry on the treaty.

Every dealing the UK has had with Europe ,ever since the days of the Common Market has been detrimental to Britain & if Dave is stupid enough to fall for their blarney then he should resign.

• Upvote 2

The problem is Dave; whilst this "deal" doesn't address the fundamental issues of self governance and border security; it's being promoted as some kind of win. Aside from the possibility that the EU Parliament or Courts may not ratify it; it doesn't address our legal sovereignty issues either; for that, we would have to withdraw from the ECHR Treaty. So basically smoke and mirrors. Having said that; I fear that the electorate will succumb to project fear, given no one under 40 knows life without the EU. However, as with the Scots Referendum, it won't settle anything, as EU opposition will continue within the normal electoral system.

To be honest, i am against membership & will be voting to leave, but fully expect us still to be fully paid up members of this expensive club after  23rd June. It is to be hoped voter apathy can be overcome to get people to the polling booths. Security wise we will still be NATO members & at least be in control of our own borders after that date.

It strikes me that every interview they hold with politicians that I watch on the TV, the politicians always seem to have the "I'm looking out for my own future best interests" look in their eyes...

I mean a week or so ago, they even interviewed Neil Kinnock and asked him if Britain should vote to leave :) :)

NEIL KINNOCK...... NEIL BLOODY KINNOCK..... not only has he made a very comfy place for himself on the EU gravy train, he got upgraded to first class and took his wife, his daughter, his son and his daughter-in-law along for the ride.... they made millions between them. A nice new twist on the family business empire

:lol:    Every economic basket case will be queuing to join this something for nothing fest.  As with Greece, they'll be lured into the Euro, given millions in loans (our money btw) to improve their infrastructure and buy EU products, on the basis that they modernise and exercise fiscal discipline in order to pay back the loans. Unfortunately, as in Greece, they're so intrinsically corrupt, that they won't be able to collect the taxes (from the rich), to pay back the loans following their initial spending binge. It's all part of the EU project of absorbing more States into a Union, and bringing them all to an equal economic level.  The problem is, that this is done at the expense of the more advanced economies, who are net contributors to this farce.  Add to this the millions of free-loaders arriving from Asia and Africa, and the burocratic incompetence of the Brussels Mandarins to deal with it; and you have the perfect storm for social unrest and economic retardation.  :(  Brexit is a no-brainer.

I watched it Dave; afraid it's six of one and half a dozen of the other with Greece and other S/Europeans. They have a culture of living for today, some may call it being feckless. They were never economically or fiscally ready to join the Euro, but the Krauts turned a blind eye to get them onboard and lend them money at cheap rates. Sadly, like kids in an ice cream parlour, successive Govs spent it on absurd ideas such as early retirement schemes, that they simply couldn't afford, mainly because they have a rich elite that simply won't pay taxes, and move their cash abroad if threatened. They may hate the Germans for WW2, but it hasn't stopped them buying German products. Over 40 years ago, almost every taxi and truck was Mercedes or Daimler Benz, whose salesmen, no doubt remembered there cushy postings in S/E Europe in WW2, and beat us into this lucrative market. So to set the seal on this arrangement they set up the EU, to realise their ambition of a Fourth Reich.

• Upvote 2