Dave's EU Debate ?

observer

The latest scare story from pro-EU PM, is that Brexit will cancel current arrangements for the UKBF to screen UK entrants on the French side of the channel, opening up the threat of Calais style migrants camps in Kent. Aside from the fact that current arrangements are bi-lateral with France, and have nothing to do with the EU, what this pathetic threat reveals is much more disturbing. It reveals a mind set in our political establishment that is totally weak in the face of EU and ECHR authority, and the lobbying of lefty luvvies, to deal with the migrant crisis. The whole point in escaping the EU and ECHR, is so that a UK Government can exercise National sovereignty over this issue, on the basis of UK laws made in a UK Parliament. By todays standards this may appear draconian, but the simple common sense approach would be to arrest any illegal entrant into the UK, beefing up the Police and UKBFs ability to do it; placing them in detention centres with a deadline to get them on flights home within 48hrs. This is fundamentally an issue of political will, which our mainstream politicians just haven't got.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

With every announcement he makes, Call me Dave makes it clear which side of the fence he is sitting. This is all part of the campaign of Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt that the IN side are building up, hoping that the British public is too afraid of its own shadow to vote for change.

In effect we already have a buffer zone, with the UKBF operating in Calais to prevent illegal onward travel to the UK. The problem is, that instead of processing asylum appeals, the French have allowed this ad hoc camp to develop. Note: all these migrants could and should apply for asylum in France, but strangely they won't; they want to get to the UK. If the French Gov had the gonads, it would round them up, and place all the economic chancers on transport back to their countries of origin, but alas Europe is saddled with weak Governments, undermined by a misguided and myopic sense of empathy, backed up by a luvvie ridden HR legal system. The sooner we exit the EU and the ECHR the better.

I went to Germany last week to collect an old classic car. I took a trailer and drove to Calais. When I got to Dover I was ushered into one of the large search garages (it was just my car and an empty car trailer at this point. I had to open the boot and back doors of the car (as it has blacked out rear windows).... Not sure if they were trying to find other British people in there desperate to get out of the country or what....

On the way back I came back via Rotterdam and did the overnight boat to Hull. As I got to Rotterdam passport control, now with an old Ford Granada on the car trailer, I pulled up at the passport control.... the man asked me if the car on the trailer was locked.... to which I replied that it wasn't.... "OK"...."Please proceed"

I drove onto the ferry and off we went back to Britain. On arrival at Hull, I just drove off the ferry and straight out onto the main road towards home.... no checks. In fact there was more of a check going out of the country than coming in.

Considering these people smugglers can make £2000 per immigrant, I could have made a good £10k on that trip :)

As this referendum debate begins to warm up; I'm hearing two nonsense statements being regurgitated by pro-EU supporters:- 1) That the EU funds various projects within the UK - YES, but it's our own money coming back to us. We put more money into the EU coffers than we get out of it. 2) That being in the EU gives us "influence"; - NO, around 7 of the Council of Ministers represent net contributors, the rest are net spongers, getting more out of it than they put in; so won't be supporting any changes that are contrary to their current self interests; so no "influence" at all.

• Upvote 1