PIE SHOP !!!!!!

pommie lass

I know I am probably being a bit obsessive about this but it is really frustrating me.  I originally started a discussion about Currall's pie shop in Thelwall Lane but was also interested in finding out about another place I remembered which sold really nice pies. Someone mentioned Lindy's which rang a bell and I thought that might be it but after further investigation I find it seems to be on the wrong side of the road.  The one I am thinking of was on the left hand side of either Horsemarket or Winwick St heading out of town.  It was either on or close to a corner and I think it was fairly close to the old market but could be wrong about that part.  Might have been closer to Central Station.  Anyone any ideas please?

Wasn't Bailey Isaacs on Bridge Street Davy?  I may be completely wrong as I don't remember it at all but I'm sure there was a topic on here about that pie shop once and Harry Hayes or Algy were reminiscing about it and their pies once and Bridge Street has stuck in my mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Bailey Isacs had a factory just off Lythgoes Lane /Haydock St and supplied lots of outlets(my Uncle was a delivery driver for them) but I didn't know they had any shops.

During the slum clearances in 1960's it was knocked down and there was a plague of rats in Hamilton St area that everyone at the time blamed them for.

True or not the story stuck.

Yes it was a shirt works.   It was almost opposite the old Co-op hall where Vauxhall is now.   In Owen Street I believe.  I was only there a short time while I was waiting for an office job to come up and the best part was the weekly pie.  Sitting all day at a button sewing machine was really boring.  Also I was a bit of a snob and thought I was a bit above the others  :oops: .