pommie lass

Kiosk in Victoria Park

Does anyone remember the old kiosk in Victoria Park?  It was a small round building as I remember.  A great place on a warm, sunny day for a coke and an ice cream.    I wonder if anyone might even have a photo.  I don't suppose it's there any longer as the park has changed so much since I was last there. 

Roughly where abouts on the park was the old kiosk ? 

If it's only fairly recently gone I might have captured it on some of my photos when I've been snapping round there in the past.  Can't say I remember ever noticing a kiosk though but then again sometimes I don't take much notice of things :oops::lol:

Is this is then?  from May 2012  (not my photos they are from google street view).  If it is I doubt I will have any photo's of it as it's not a very exciting little building to look at :lol:

Victoria%20park%20kiosk%20warrington%20w

zoomed in....

• Upvote 1

Is this is then?  from May 2012  (not my photos they are from google street view).  If it is I doubt I will have any photo's of it as it's not a very exciting little building to look at :lol:

zoomed in....

well that looks to be round and on the right about 30 yards in .... so I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I reckon that was it :)

Do I sense a touch of sarcasm there Baz :lol: :P

The little building in the photos looks more hexagon shaped to me rather than round so I wasn't sure.  

Yes Dizzy, that's the one.  In my memory it was round but close enough.  It's been a long time.  It does look rather sad and sorry all shut up like that but in the old days it was a lively place where we all went for coke and ice cream after a day of playing on the swings and riding our bikes around.  Later we hung out there with friends and boyfriends :wink:  Thank you for the photos.