World War 111

Stallard12

The Iraqi Army is in the process of re-taking a Town from ISIL; they've leafleted it to warn civilians and give them time to escape; then with close air support they can advance into the Town; this is precisely the kind of approach required to evict ISIL.

This then makes a mockery of your previous claim that no civilians are allowed to leave ISIS controlled areas.  Make your mind up.

Who said ISIL will let them leave? The report said they'd been leafleted, and a "safe" corridor held to allow their escape. As for the bigger picture; reports suggest that Jihadi brides, UK and others, having become disillusioned with IS, have been beaten to death for wanting to return.  :roll:

Really?  Where did you read those reports?  You just change tune left right and centre.  How are civilians going to escape IS if there own can't desert?  Here is a belter though, how will the civilians get from the IS held town to the safe corridor unharmed?  Utter propaganda and you either know it or have fell for it.

You've got a habit of constructing arguments that you then attribute to someone else in order to knock down. Well, sorry, but I'll not be falling for such nonesense. Reports: All over the net (news), TV news and Papers (if you get them). How are civilians going to escape - I imagine with difficulty. Which then leaves the nutters using "innocent civilians" as a human shield. In your luvvie handbook, in order not to kill "innocent civilians" we should then bombard the nutters with love and affection to the point where they beg for mercy. Sorry, but we're back to the problem with wars, the innocent sometimes get killed along with the guilty, which argues for not resorting to war in the first place, unless a well thought out plan is in place and has an article 7 mandate from the UN. So whilst I may support the elimination of ISIL, there is simply no need for us to extend operations to Syria (where we've not been invited by the legitimate Government) as opposed to Iraq, where we have been invited by the legitimate Gov.

You've got a habit of constructing arguments that you then attribute to someone else in order to knock down. 

In your luvvie handbook, in order not to kill "innocent civilians" we should then bombard the nutters with love and affection to the point where they beg for mercy. 

Hypocrisy from you??????

And all in the one post.

Well I never lol

It wasn't me who said I was pressing ignore, that was you , in at least 2 threads, which means, if we follow your own reasoning, that you had lost the argument.  No surprise there yet a refreshing change from your usual BS .

I am concerned about civilian casualties yes.  Only a psychopath wouldn't be.

Apparently, these IS bods are not too keen on the Kurds ,especially the squads of women who are both  dedicated & ferocious & scare the living daylights out the murderous zealots. 

It is amazing that at least one of our oil supplying gulf allies in this affair has ideals among its ruling classes that are not so far removed from the terrorists.

You've got a habit of constructing arguments that you then attribute to someone else in order to knock down. Well, sorry, but I'll not be falling for such nonesense. 

No, your concerned about civilian casualties inflicted by bombs, but not too worried about women being stoned to death, gays thrown off roofs or captives beheaded; now that's BS !  :roll:

Crass hypocrisy yet remarkably consistent .

Getting back to the vote in Parliament: There's simply no need for the UK to extend military operations into Syria; we are hitting ISIL in Iraq, at the invitation of the Iraqi Gov; so we are doing our bit, and with 6 jets, bit is the right word.  Unlike the Russians, we've not been invited into Syria by the legitimate Syrian Gov and there is no UN article 7 mandate for us to do so - so we're acting illegally. Which takes us to the real motivation, which imo, is preparation for regime change in Syria, which will no doubt bring us into direct conflict with Russia, making the title of this topic more relevant. :cry:

The well respected BBC correspondent Frank Gardner estimates that there could be as many as 110 different factions all with differing agendas who Mr Cameron is hopes will come together to fight IS at ground level. 70,000 men on that basis will take some organising especially with a rag tag band of generals trying to run the show. Unless there are well drilled troops on hand to lead the way there could be an even bigger massacre of opposition groups than Assad has managed already.

Maybe a big wall or even a huge Iron Curtain around the whole of the middle East would help... let them get on with things and let them find their own level like when Saddam et al were around. No flights in, no flights out and certainly no people wandering across Europe in a bid for a better life....