Globel Warming

Coffee

You don't even understand the metaphor you used - "arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon". You aren't arguing with the pigeon.

I have never denied that the activities of man have perhaps contributed in any way to climate change, but climate has always changed, and always will change no matter what we do. Those 3 examples of climate change you posted are just that - examples of climate change. But in no way can the finger of blame be pointed to the activities of man with any modicum of certainty. This idea of a temperature threshold of 2 degrees is the only man made part of your story. I will repeat for the hard of thinking, the world has been warmer than it is now, and also colder. It has been warmer with less CO2 in the atmosphere and colder with more.

Still waiting for the reasoned debate.

Well if it is changing itself, there is no need for us to lend a hand is there?  It is so ignorant to think we have no impact on our environment, including the climate and atmosphere.  At least steps are being taken to try to reduce it although I imagine some will say thats all a swizz and a con.  

I see 147 world leaders are gathering in Paris , taking time out of their hectic schedules to discuss something you claim doesn't exist.  

Which speaks volumes about the financial clout of Global Warming Incorporated these days.

I expect that most of those politicians will come to the table with their begging bowls held out.

You don't even understand the metaphor you used

I understand it perfectly thank you, and I think everybody else does too. It’s getting to look like you have a bit of a habit in telling people that they’re wrong.

Those 3 examples of climate change you posted are just that - examples of climate change.

Well, I’d say the first one is a measure and the others are examples, though all three are evidence.

I have never denied that the activities of man have perhaps contributed in any way to climate change….But in no way can the finger of blame be pointed to the activities of man with any modicum of certainty

So, you agree that it’s possible for humankind to influence climate change, but that’s not what’s happening here, no sirree Bob. So, what’s your evidence that it’s all and only due to natural influences then?

Still waiting for the reasoned debate.

Yeah, me too.

Isn't there  a scientific opinion that flatulent cattle also contribute to global warming ?

Yeah, not sure how big a contributor it is, but it isn't just about all bovine chuffing, it's also about all the forests (those things that turn C02 to oxygen) that were displaced to make way for the frenzy of flatulence.

Oh, and only just noticed this:

Asperity, given your leanings I am stunned you became a sailor,  I mean, weren't you afraid of going right off the edge of the earth?

Hahahahaha.

It’s getting to look like you have a bit of a habit in telling people that they’re wrong.

A case of the pot calling the kettle black there.

Well, I’d say the first one is a measure and the others are examples, though all three are evidence.

You might well say so, but in reality they are just examples of climate change which is, in itself,natural.

So, what’s your evidence that it’s all and only due to natural influences then?

So, what's your evidence that it isn't?

Hahahahaha.

That just about sums you up, laughing at a stupid and insulting comment by another comedian, PJ.

The conceited idea that mere mortals are able to significantly alter the climate of the globe is only exceeded by the conceited idea that any action we take can change the climate at will.

If large "green" projects such as wind farms, solar panel arrays, mirrors in the desert arrays etc can be seen from space, and if aliens on a far off planet searching for intelligent life in the universe detected them...................................they would carry on searching.

A lot of those politicians gathering in Paris to discuss the threat of climate change are the same ones authorising the dropping of tonnes of explosives on the Middle East. Are these explosives "environmentally friendly" somehow? Or are these politicians being their usual 2 faced selves?

IF the climate change argument is correct, isn't it now too late to turn things around?  Using the sea going analogy, isn't a bit like trying to turn a tanker around?  :unsure:

Duh!  A little word to the wise, it may not be the quickest action in the world but they do turn these tankers around you know or did you think that they went in a straight line all the way there and a straight line in reverse all the way back?  What a stupid analogy but up to usual standards.

A lot of those politicians gathering in Paris to discuss the threat of climate change are the same ones authorising the dropping of tonnes of explosives on the Middle East. Are these explosives "environmentally friendly" somehow? Or are these politicians being their usual 2 faced selves?

Well if I have to make a choice I suppose I will go with all the world leaders not Uncle Albert.