Mr Smith's site set to become Winter Wonderland

Gary

I happen to agree with PJ on this. The simplest and most likely explanation for this is some idiot kids torching an empty building. If I was a developer and wanted the building gone, I wouldn't come up with a plan that meant putting my faith in a bunch of teenage berks. Questions need to be asked about security on the site but that doesn't mean there was some grand plan to burn the place down. 

The other problem with coming up with conspiracy theories about this kind of thing is it lets the council off the hook for situations where it does have difficult questions to answer, such as the collapse of the Ship Inn. If people conflate the cases on here, then so too can the council in accusing people of dreaming up conspiracy theories.  

4) They are guilty but don't wish to admit it

5) They are guilty but hope for a soft judge

6) They are guilty but hope that something happens that gets them off

7)  Arsonists , I imagine, are not naturally the most trustworthy and honest people in society.

Any and all of the above blow your conspiracy theory to smithereens which is why you are desperate to plead their innocence.  I bet when you googled the details of the charges you were gutted that they hadn't been acquitted and you could have fed your delusions more nonsense.  For you to be right, who are complicit in this conspiracy against the people?  So far you have implied, the owners, the council, the police, the CPS, the Judicial system but not the people accused of  burning it down.  I am gutted that the building was lost, I am also not given to supporting the Council if I think they are wrong but you just keep trotting out unsubstantiated claims of corruption one after the next and it makes you look foolish.

PJ, are you by any chance particularly familiar with the word dense?

Re your points 4) 5) 6)& 7) I wouldn't have considered them because;

(repeat)

"IF the prosecution has strong evidence to prove this charge it would certainly be rather stupid to plead not guilty as the 'strong evidence' would mean the likelihood of a conviction and the 'not guilty' plea would result in them getting a harsher sentence".

(Also repeated) "They could have been advised to plead 'not guilty' with regard to the 'intent' factor and the defence are seeking a further 'lesser' charge of reckless damage but without intent".

As for blowing my 'conspiracy theory' to pieces, What conspiracy theory?

You wrote;

"For you to be right, who are complicit in this conspiracy against the people?  So far you have implied, the owners, the council, the police, the CPS, the Judicial system but not the people accused of  burning it down".

Where did you get that delusion from???????

I have been expressing an opinion on the fire which destroyed Mr Smiths.

Re the teenagers who are the present suspects you wrote "you are desperate to plead their innocence".

I don't know where you get that from it's incorrect,-  If they did it I hope they are severely dealt with BUT as yet nothing has been proved against them. Note there was originally another suspect - arrested then released.

Who or what caused the fire hasn't yet been established. The only thing known for definite is that it burnt down and was quickly demolished.

You say you "are gutted that the building was lost". I am sad that the building was lost as it was of historical importance but I wouldn't say I was 'gutted' as I don't find that era buildings particularly visually appealing. 

What I would be 'gutted' about in this case is if the public have had to pay the cost of the fire service etc.

As I pointed out earlier, there doesn't seem to be any charge of 'breaking and entering'. If the building hasn't been properly secured it is gross neglect by the owners.     

PJ, are you by any chance particularly familiar with the word dense?

The more you post the more familiar I become.

I am glad my posts have finally led to you identifying your shortcomings in comprehension because having to point things out to you is extremely boring.