Mr Smith's site set to become Winter Wonderland

Gary

I haven't heard about this. Who is against it exactly Gary?

I think it is a lovely idea. I can't see why people would be against it. It is something a little different, it attracts people unto the town and the kids will love it!

Quite a lot of people of facebook are having a rant about it!!!

How do you know the owners are making any money from the winter wonderland fair Sha?  Maybe Silcocks just asked them if they could use the land for a few weeks and they said yes.  It is xmas after all (or will be)

As for what happened to the kids suspected of setting it alight...no idea and yes it's strange that nothing else seems to have been mentioned recently.

How do you know the owners are making any money from the winter wonderland fair Sha?  Maybe Silcocks just asked them if they could use the land for a few weeks and they said yes.  It is xmas after all (or will be)

What type of wonderland are you in Diz?   :shock:

• Upvote 1

What type of wonderland are you in Diz?   :shock:

:lol: :lol: Sometimes I'm not too sure Sha but at the end of the day it's just a piece of empty land now that's being used for a car park at the moment (£2 a day by the way but not sure if many park there).  So what if Silcocks stick their winter wonderland fair on it for a few weeks or pay/not pay the land owner anything.  At least they have Warrington roots.

Could be worse, a whole load of travellers and caravans could descend on it over xmas :wink:

:lol: :lol: Sometimes I'm not too sure Sha but at the end of the day it's just a piece of empty land now that's being used for a car park at the moment (£2 a day by the way but not sure if many park there).  So what if Silcocks stick their winter wonderland fair on it for a few weeks or pay/not pay the land owner anything.  At least they have Warrington roots.

Could be worse, a whole load of travellers and caravans could descend on it over xmas :wink:

Maybe you have a good idea Diz, good place for a static travellers sight, away from residential houses, near a police station

Sometimes I'm not too sure Sha but at the end of the day it's just a piece of empty land now that's being used for a car park at the moment (£2 a day by the way but not sure if many park there).  So what if Silcocks stick their winter wonderland fair on it for a few weeks or pay/not pay the land owner anything.  At least they have Warrington roots.

Silcocks isn't the issue Diz. It just seems a bit sick to me that the owners of the now derelict site, having been at least negligent in protecting the Art Deco building are profiting so soon on the town's lost heritage. 

Re your last sentence; what's happened to your Xmas spirit?  :) 

..................................................... It is xmas after all (or will be)

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone go to the opening night of the fair then ?  It's very colourful although it could be a little bit distracting as you drive past at night seeing the large swinging ride all lit up and wizzing round in the air. 

That one looks scarey :oops::lol: