Risk awareness ?

observer

Seems there isn't any nowadays - 20,000 holiday makers stuck in Sharm el Sheik, probably still wondering what all the fuss is about !

The "fuss" is all about making sure it is as safe as possible for them to fly home and I imagine they will be fully aware of that.

"Could be a lot worse for them" was a comment i heard on one news report, reffering to the fact that they have to extend their holidays because of it.

"Oh they are stuck in a nice holiday destination for at least another week" was another comment. Fine if you are retired and have no job to go back to, not so good if you have saved for twelve months to go and just had enough money for the week you went.

No doubt there are still some of these thickies going to Tunisia - well it hasn't happened (again) - so it won't happen.

the same could be said for every single place in the world, I am supposed to work in Stoke next week, its never been bombed so I can't possibly go as if its never happened.......    Chicken Little is back

"The Place" nightclub in Stoke was on a par with Beirut in the 80's :) :)

Been to Sharm a few years ago (before the Great White Sharks and plane bombers) It was a lovely place, really weird that we only saw two women working during the entire 10 days; on in the airport on security and the other in the Hard Rock Cafe....

If one is risk aware, one would calculate that there is less risk of being blown up or decapitated in Stoke than in the M/East; at least at the moment.

But people have died today by falling downstairs, in car accidents and so on are you going to be avoiding them too, if not why worry over a one off incident?

I am hoping to go skiing in February to Turkey, no plans to change that.

It all seems to be changing by the minute today.  The morning news channel has a blok on who's been giving updates as and when they find out and seems there is huge confusion not only from holiday makers who are still not sure what's going on re getting home but also confusion with the airlines themselves too as to whether they are allowed to fly over and land to get Brits out or not.  One airline said they their planes have taken off from Garwich but has now said they aren't sure if they can go.

One things for sure though I would NOT go anywhere like that for a holiday these days.

What is amazing is the criticism that Sisi had about his "human rights" record. It's precisely because he and other Dictators restrict freedoms, that they can keep a lid on these Islamic nut cases. This incident, will severely damage the Egyptian economy, with a current 18% reliance on tourism.

It all seems to be changing by the minute today.  The morning news channel has a blok on who's been giving updates as and when they find out and seems there is huge confusion not only from holiday makers who are still not sure what's going on re getting home but also confusion with the airlines themselves too as to whether they are allowed to fly over and land to get Brits out or not.  One airline said they their planes have taken off from Garwich but has now said they aren't sure if they can go.

One things for sure though I would NOT go anywhere like that for a holiday these days.

The airline industry always goes into chaos whenever there is a problem.

What is amazing is the criticism that Sisi had about his "human rights" record. It's precisely because he and other Dictators restrict freedoms, that they can keep a lid on these Islamic nut cases. This incident, will severely damage the Egyptian economy, with a current 18% reliance on tourism.

However the problem was security was lax at the airport with people taking money to get you through without queues and bags not searched properly