This forum is one of the few where almost any topic may be posted.

algy

but it is the ones who don't look scary that you have to watch out for as they look pefectly normal until they suddenly scream "aaaaarrggghh" and start chasing you down the road with a felling axe and a mad grin.

Ally couldn't catch me, or my Dad to be honest.

but it is the ones who don't look scary that you have to watch out for as they look pefectly normal until they suddenly scream "aaaaarrggghh" and start chasing you down the road with a felling axe and a mad grin.

You've met PJ then after all :) :)

• Upvote 1

One or two kind souls have mentioned me on this thread.  I'm fine, if at 83, you can be fine.  Still writing poetry but you've never done me any harm, so I'll refrain.  Michael is now director of the Red Lion, Rixton, and landlord of the Highlands hotel, Blackpool.  His brother, Peter, is HO-Ho-bird clocks if any one knows him.   Best wishes to all, but believe me, you are never going to put the world - or even this fine town - right.  but good luck in your efforts.   Happy days

Hi Harry :D  Great to hear that you and your family are well and that your sons are doing well business wise too. 

I've missed you on here especially reading your lovely poems and memories of times gone by and not forgetting the lovely way you always end your posts with the words 'Happy days'.  That always makes me smile :)

Hope you will stick around and start posting again even if it's just occasionally :D x

Same goes from me as well Harry!

Always good to see a long lost poster popping in even if it's only to let everyone know you're ok.

I've not been in the Red Lion for a few years but it's my brother's local so maybe I'll have to have a ride and drag him out for a beer!

Take care.

Bill :) 

You Gary, in your dreams. :wink:

Look, there's only two blokes in the whole town with enough common sense to do that....... and I'm both of them. :wacko:

Actually as one of the town's elderly retired characters now you probably have more time on your hands :lol:

Don't know about having time on my hands, I'm still working my tail off during the week but at least I've stopped going into the office at weekends!

As for solving the towns problems I don't really have the inclination to get that involved and in any case when it comes time to finally hang up me boots, it's then I can hopefully start doing all the things I've always wanted to do.