This forum is one of the few where almost any topic may be posted.

algy

Given some of the replies/comments to news articles in the gu******n and the types of post on socialmedia sites this forums "debates" are quite tame and light hearted by comparison.

Wit certain posters occasionally come up with will invariably be taken the wrong way and "offend" others but they are a freindlier helpful bunch of pedantic egomaniacs you would ever like to meet (albeit just to kick them in the deriere and run away)

As for being allowed there are rules (relaxed though they may be) and moderation is tactfully done to at least try and ensure that the debates do not get overly personal, and at the end of the day even if you meet the poster who is "giving you lots of grief because of your views" they would more than likely stand you a drink than punch you in the face.(well i hope they would, the few times i have met up at posters do's they have anyway)

So all in all yes it should be allowed "freedom of speech and all that donchaknow"

Like Algy, although I have said many times "That's it !!", I keep getting sucked back in. I got tired of the battle of ideologies, which are pointless, because as the great poet said, "A man convinced against his will, is ne'er convinced at all."

Reminisence (?)and nostalgia are what attracts me and that rarely comes anymore. By the way, does anyone know anything about the well being of Harry.

Like Algy, although I have said many times "That's it !!", I keep getting sucked back in. I got tired of the battle of ideologies, which are pointless, because as the great poet said, "A man convinced against his will, is ne'er convinced at all."

Reminisence (?)and nostalgia are what attracts me and that rarely comes anymore. By the way, does anyone know anything about the well being of Harry.

Stallard, if you mean Harry Hayes he was on facebook a couple of weeks ago and was fine.

There are one of two individuals who take things a little too far from time to time - and you know what - it doesn't take long to work out who they are and the remedy is simple - ignore them!

I spent many hours in the past getting dragged down into pointless arguments and ended up upsetting some people and driving them away - we all have different opinions and should be allowed them to be aired as long as they do not abuse fellow posters, become abusive, racist, inflammatory or just down right rude.

In Dizzy I feel we have a true champion who does a great job keeping most of you in control.

Facebook will eventually run its course and when it does we will hopefully still be here.

Algy

Please do not take this the wrong way, but you mention racist comments, did you not post one the other day?

most people that come on here are very reasonable, it would be great if we could get some new blood on here, not sure how to do it, I went quite for a while as I was working away.

Could we not start another sub section, and call it Observers Rants or even better Observers Bull*hit where people can wander if they dare.

• Downvote 1

Algy

Please do not take this the wrong way, but you mention racist comments, did you not post one the other day?

most people that come on here are very reasonable, it would be great if we could get some new blood on here, not sure how to do it, I went quite for a while as I was working away.

Could we not start another sub section, and call it Observers Rants or even better Observers Bull*hit where people can wander if they dare.

Lt, yes you are correct I did, and that is one of the reasons I raised this post, I'm sure you noticed that I have not been a regular poster on here over the past couple of year and have appeared only on the odd occasion and I have found that in the past and indeed on this recent visit I have become involved in topics that I shouldn't have become involved with and in future shall not do so.

Algy

I must say, after digging out this most awful post of Algy's, I find him guilty of...making a terrible joke.

The return of Commissar Kije, then.

• Haha 1

I must say, after digging out this most awful post of Algy's, I find him guilty of...making a terrible joke.

The return of Commissar Kije, then.

I did not bring up racism algy himself did, perhaps if you had read his first post, you might not have been as quick, to come up with a bad but not racist joke of your own Freeborn. A bit to quick out of the trap Freeborn, might be wrong but have you not been guilty of this before, A little thought before posting might save you from yourself

Lt, yes you are correct I did, and that is one of the reasons I raised this post, I'm sure you noticed that I have not been a regular poster on here over the past couple of year and have appeared only on the odd occasion and I have found that in the past and indeed on this recent visit I have become involved in topics that I shouldn't have become involved with and in future shall not do so.

Algy

Your opinion counts and is valued, You should post on any topic you want to, DO NOT LET ANYONE ON HERE CHASE YOU OFF !

If you feel someone has gone to far on a reply to one of your comments, politely tell them, I am sure all on here will listen, the last thing anyone wants is for someone to stop posting.

Here's to many more comments from you

Ooops!    To correct my error, I had always assumed the quote repeated by Algy, came from Robbie Burns, however, my fact check shows that it comes from Dale Carnegies book, 'How to win friends and influence people'.  Another fine book introduced to me by my father when I was eight years old.  Thanks Dad.