Obamas' policies ?

observer

Florida did have a primary, but they moved the date into the earlier part of the year, so they could be the deciders as to which candidates are "popular". Of course a lot of money came into their state in media advertising. However, the national Democratic Committee rules did not allow for states to change their primary dates to be the 'deciders' and to profit from media advertising. We are supposed to choose a candidate in August ? - at a CONVENTION. Those delegates are supposed to be selected in accordance with party rules. The media is preventing politicians from selecting a candidate, and suggesting that anyone who isn't AHEAD at this time should drop out. I say, what is the purpose of the convention then? Just to get together and have some drinks? I think we had better candidates in the old days of smoke filled back rooms at conventions, but the media can't wait for that date -- must crown the candidates YESTERDAY!!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems all three candidates were falling over themselves, to pay homage to, and reassure Israel of their continuing support, why? :? Is the "Jewish vote" so powerfull in the US, is it their control of the banks, why such slavish support? :? Thought the Saudis now owned a good slice of the US economy? :wink:

Very true, Ob. The Saudis do own a lot of our mortgages and many of our legislators -- and George W -- he's practically blood brothers with the King over there.

The candidates are not seeking Jewish voters -- there aren't that many of them in our population. They are trying to reassure our Christian voters that they would like to do the correct thing according to the New Testament, and according to the story of Esther in the Old Testament. The honorable and correct thing according to the Word of God.

Trouble is they pretend the Middle East just has a little boundary dispute going and we need to force compromises on the Israelis -- just allow a limited number of blood sacrifices to the Philistines. It's the price the Western World needs to pay for their addiction to petroleum.

I think it is also about Obama reassuring a group that may have doubts about him because of his name and the Islamic connection. They trust Clinton more, because of her past dealings with I-P, so she as a "friend of Israel" is assuring them that they can trust him. In other words, he is insisting too much, because he has something to prove.

Seems 50% of US voters believe Obamama to be a Muslim; and no doubt his history as a child could give that impression; which led me to think - what if: he was an Al Quaeda sleeper? :shock: As in "The Manchurian Candidate" - now hat would be a turn up for the book! :wink:

Obama has now won the delegation votes - Hilary is out - whether she likes it or not. I do not think that Obama will invite her to be the Vice President - more like he will pick someone like John Edwards/ John Kerry.

Should be interesting, now the really dirty politics and race begins!!

67 Lies And Counting As Of April 02, 2008

1.) Selma Got Me Born - LIAR, your parents felt safe enough to have you in 1961 - Selma had no effect on your birth, as Selma was in 1965.

2.) Father Was A Goat Herder - LIAR, he was a privileged, well educated youth, who went on to work with the Kenyan Government.

3.) Father Was A Proud Freedom Fighter - LIAR, he was part of one of the most corrupt and violent governments Kenya has ever had.

4.) My Family Has Strong Ties To African Freedom - LIAR, your cousin Raila Odinga has created mass violence in attempting to overturn a legitimate election in 2007, in Kenya. It is the first widespread violence in decades.

http://www.rense.com/general82/part.htm

Now we see why she is only suspending her campaign. The media won't be so nice to him now that he is "nominated", and if he goes seriously down in the polls against McCain, the super delegates could still change their minds.

Wouldn't that be a wild thing to happen. McCain's supporters really smash him up, totally ignoring Clinton, because she is "out", and by the convention in August it's looking like Obama won't even win his own state. The super delegates take emergencies measures at the convention.

Clinton says, "Surprise, you thought you just had the little boy to deal with. Bring on the debates." And when they start shoveling dirt at her, she brings out the video of McCain himself saying that she would make a good president.

http://web.mac.com/shelleywalsh/Site_8/Israel_Travelblog/Israel_Travelblog.html

Not exactly big news that zionism isn't a religious movement.

Click on Start to see where I'm coming from. I was planning to make some comments about recent events, but haven't yet got to it.

See also http://www.mideastweb.org/ for a sensible view.

As to the "three stooges", they were talking to AIPAC, and they want to get elected. What did you expect them to say?

All three, if you believe their rhetoric, could take us into WW3 at the drop of a hat! :roll: McCaine who's too old to care about another war; Obama who is too young to understand; and Hillary, who's already threatened Iran with Nuclear retaliation - just hope their advisers are more level headed. :wink:

I think she is pretty level headed. Don't make too much of one statement quoted out of context, and keep in mind that as a woman she probably feels she has to talk tough to be taken seriously. A lot was made of her so called vote for the Iraq war, but have a look at her speech.

Floor Speech of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton

on S.J. Res. 45, A Resolution to Authorize the Use of

United States Armed Forces Against Iraq

"Today we are asked whether to give the President of the United States authority to use force in Iraq should diplomatic efforts fail to dismantle Saddam Hussein's chemical and biological weapons and his nuclear program."

"Now, I believe the facts that have brought us to this fateful vote are not in doubt. Saddam Hussein is a tyrant who has tortured and killed his own people, even his own family members, to maintain his iron grip on power. He used chemical weapons on Iraqi Kurds and on Iranians, killing over 20 thousand people. Unfortunately, during the 1980's, while he engaged in such horrific activity, he enjoyed the support of the American government, because he had oil and was seen as a counterweight to the Ayatollah Khomeini in Iran."

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001."

"It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security."

"If we were to attack Iraq now, alone or with few allies, it would set a precedent that could come back to haunt us. In recent days, Russia has talked of an invasion of Georgia to attack Chechen rebels. India has mentioned the possibility of a pre-emptive strike on Pakistan. And what if China were to perceive a threat from Taiwan?

So Mr. President, for all its appeal, a unilateral attack, while it cannot be ruled out, on the present facts is not a good option."

"So, Mr. President, the question is how do we do our best to both defuse the real threat that Saddam Hussein poses to his people, to the region, including Israel, to the United States, to the world, and at the same time, work to maximize our international support and strengthen the United Nations?"

"While there is no perfect approach to this thorny dilemma, and while people of good faith and high intelligence can reach diametrically opposed conclusions, I believe the best course is to go to the UN for a strong resolution that scraps the 1998 restrictions on inspections and calls for complete, unlimited inspections with cooperation expected and demanded from Iraq. I know that the Administration wants more, including an explicit authorization to use force, but we may not be able to secure that now, perhaps even later. But if we get a clear requirement for unfettered inspections, I believe the authority to use force to enforce that mandate is inherent in the original 1991 UN resolution, as President Clinton recognized when he launched Operation Desert Fox in 1998.

If we get the resolution that President Bush seeks, and if Saddam complies, disarmament can proceed and the threat can be eliminated. Regime change will, of course, take longer but we must still work for it, nurturing all reasonable forces of opposition.

If we get the resolution and Saddam does not comply, then we can attack him with far more support and legitimacy than we would have otherwise."

"I believe international support and legitimacy are crucial. After shots are fired and bombs are dropped, not all consequences are predictable. While the military outcome is not in doubt, should we put troops on the ground, there is still the matter of Saddam Hussein's biological and chemical weapons. Today he has maximum incentive not to use them or give them away. If he did either, the world would demand his immediate removal. Once the battle is joined, however, with the outcome certain, he will have maximum incentive to use weapons of mass destruction and to give what he can't use to terrorists who can torment us with them long after he is gone. We cannot be paralyzed by this possibility, but we would be foolish to ignore it. And according to recent reports, the CIA agrees with this analysis. A world united in sharing the risk at least would make this occurrence less likely and more bearable and would be far more likely to share with us the considerable burden of rebuilding a secure and peaceful post-Saddam Iraq."

"President Bush's speech in Cincinnati and the changes in policy that have come forth since the Administration began broaching this issue some weeks ago have made my vote easier. Even though the resolution before the Senate is not as strong as I would like in requiring the diplomatic route first and placing highest priority on a simple, clear requirement for unlimited inspections, I will take the President at his word that he will try hard to pass a UN resolution and will seek to avoid war, if at all possible.

"This is a very difficult vote. This is probably the hardest decision I have ever had to make -- any vote that may lead to war should be hard -- but I cast it with conviction."

"And perhaps my decision is influenced by my eight years of experience on the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue in the White House watching my husband deal with serious challenges to our nation. I want this President, or any future President, to be in the strongest possible position to lead our country in the United Nations or in war. Secondly, I want to insure that Saddam Hussein makes no mistake about our national unity and for our support for the President's efforts to wage America's war against terrorists and weapons of mass destruction. And thirdly, I want the men and women in our Armed Forces to know that if they should be called upon to act against Iraq, our country will stand resolutely behind them."

"My vote is not, however, a vote for any new doctrine of pre-emption, or for uni-lateralism, or for the arrogance of American power or purpose -- all of which carry grave dangers for our nation, for the rule of international law and for the peace and security of people throughout the world."

"War can yet be avoided, but our responsibility to global security and to the integrity of United Nations resolutions protecting it cannot. I urge the President to spare no effort to secure a clear, unambiguous demand by the United Nations for unlimited inspections."

"And finally, on another personal note, I come to this decision from the perspective of a Senator from New York who has seen all too closely the consequences of last year's terrible attacks on our nation. In balancing the risks of action versus inaction, I think New Yorkers who have gone through the fires of hell may be more attuned to the risk of not acting. I know that I am."

"So it is with conviction that I support this resolution as being in the best interests of our nation. A vote for it is not a vote to rush to war; it is a vote that puts awesome responsibility in the hands of our President and we say to him - use these powers wisely and as a last resort. And it is a vote that says clearly to Saddam Hussein - this is your last chance - disarm or be disarmed."

Is Obama's candidacy constitutional? Because U.S. law at the time of his birth required his natural-born parent (his mother) to have resided in the United States for '10 years, at least [f]ive of which had to be after the age of 16.'"

He then points out Ann Dunham, Obama's mother, was 18 when Obama was born "so she wouldn't have met the requirement of five years after the age of 16."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=66787

• 3 weeks later...

The issues surrounding recent discussions on US offshore drilling for oil has significant impact for all Americans where Obama and McCain talk about in http://pollclash.com . The soaring oil prices are affecting the costs of everything from food to gas. There are also significant issues on local and global environmental impact. While there are many issues, we need to look at our next leader and determine which will have the best course of action going forward. Here's where your vote and voice can count. Watch the two video clips below submit your vote. Also, leave a comment if there is more you wish to say or an issue you think should be raised within the context of this clash.

MANCHESTER, N.H. - Putting their political turbulence behind them, Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton began a show of unity Friday aboard Obama's campaign plane as it carried them to New Hampshire for their first public appearance together since the primary race ended.

The Unity gathering was the latest and most visible event in a series of gestures the two senators have made in the past two days in hopes of settling the hard feelings of the long primary season. Clinton also praised Obama before two major interest groups Thursday ? the American Nurses Association, which endorsed her during the primaries, and NALEO, the National Association of Latino Elected Officials.

Both Democrats badly need one another right now as they move to the next phase of the campaign.

Obama is depending on former first lady to give her voters and donors a clear signal that she doesn't consider it a betrayal for them to shift their loyalty his way. Clinton won convincingly among several voter groups during the primaries, including working class voters and older women ? groups that Republican nominee-in-waiting John McCain has actively courted since she left the race.

Clinton, for her part, needs the Illinois senator's help in paying down $10 million of her campaign debt, plus an assurance that she will be treated respectfully as a top surrogate on the campaign trail and at the Democratic Party convention later this summer. Some of her supporters want Clinton's name to be placed in nomination for a roll call vote at the Denver convention, an effort she hasn't formally discouraged.

Thursday, at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, the New York senator urged about 200 of her top donors and fundraisers ? many of whom have been openly critical of Obama's campaign and its perceived slights against Clinton during the primaries ? to get behind her erstwhile rival and help him. Obama announced last week he would forgo public financing in the general election, guaranteeing he would need considerable fundraising help in the months to come.

Obama assured the group he would help Clinton retire her debt ? an announcement that drew a standing ovation in the room, according to participants. He also wrote a personal check of $4,600 toward that goal ? $2,300 each for himself and his wife, Michelle, the maximum allowed under federal law.

And so goes the political machine

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...