Freedom of speech?

observer

If free speech led to the demise of the country of my birth then i would say kick the blighters out. I am as liberal as the next man ,but to allow these preachers of hate to flourish would certainly not reciprocate free speech should the boot ever be on the other foot. Get all these narrow minded medievalists off our shores & back to their barbaric paradise.

:lol:   Think it's the potential recipients of this warped theology that they're concerned about.  Some of these "preachers" can already be arrested for incitement to terrorism under current laws, if they are reported/recorded.  So, we could ban all religion from our education system, and have  secular state schools only. But what do you do about Mosques, Parents and peer groups?  Perhaps even more difficult, what do you do about the internet?

There was mention on the news today about making it easier for parents of would be jihadists to get the passports of their offspring cancelled. I suppose looking at that from another angle could mean that any knowledgeable parent who did not cancel their child's passport could possibly be deemed complicit.