Lib Dem leaflet....

Bazj

Hello Paul... would you care to comment or try to justify the recent above inflation Poll Tax increase? Or maybe why the lights haven't been switched on at LA Bowl yet? or any other issue raised on the boards with regards to the waste that this Council and its officers subject us to?

Perhaps you would care to enlighten the voters how we are supposed to continually increase our wages to match the pension and wage demands of the gold plated public sector?

I am annoyed and it hurts......

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BazJ:

Hello Paul... would you care to comment or try to justify the recent above inflation Poll Tax increase? Or maybe why the lights haven't been switched on at LA Bowl yet? or any other issue raised on the boards with regards to the waste that this Council and its officers subject us to?

Perhaps you would care to enlighten the voters how we are supposed to continually increase our wages to match the pension and wage demands of the gold plated public sector?

I am annoyed and it hurts......

The 08/09 budget was agreed at full council on a motion put forward by the ruling Lib Dem/Tory Axis.

Labour voted against the motion. Perhaps the Lib Dem or Tory councillors who read this board could seek to justify their budget for 08/09.

LA Bowl lights - contact the Westbrook Ward councillors ( I think Cllr Earl and Cllr Long).

Peter, I can't understand why it won't open for you. Try visiting my blog and downlaod it there!

Usual party political claptrap again I suppose. Why can't you bloody councillors actually get together and do whats right for the town instaed of bickering and bloody back biting all the time?

Labour ran this town since Adam was a boy and the poll tax went up year after year after year. So stop dragging out that old line (I mean your bloody Government is still trying to blame the Tories for some of their failings even after they have won 3 elections!... is it a party trait I wonder?)

You did ask the question for me regarding the LA Bowl lights and gave me an answer saying mid-February which was either mis-informed or a fob-off....nearly April and still not on. How much less woyuld my poll tax be going up if we hadn't spent all the money on the Westbrook and LA bowl traffic lights I wonder?

Originally posted by Cllr Paul Kenny:

Asp, you need to have adobe acrobat on your PC to view this newsletter.

Cllr Kenny..... thanks for posting the link :D

I eventually managed to open it on a very slow and old PC running a rather slightly older version of Acrobat (patience is a virtue they say) so your file is not corrupt.

It is definately a rather slow upload though as even my 'beasty' PC at home struggled tonight to open it... maybe needs a tweak if you want people to access and read it on-line :D

So who else is ready to upload their pre-election leaflets for all to see :D:P

Thanks for the comments - clearly a technical glich exists which prevents some from opening the file which I will look into.

Paul, you correctly assumed that Kevin is our candidate in F&H. The latest Warr South Cons leaflet is well put together and is just one of several I have received over the last few months. Is Lord Ashcroft bankrolling your campaign?

BazJ The LA Bowl lights - I did receive a response from officers which I posted but you really need to contact your ward councillors for an update. They should have the reasons at hand as to why the lights are not operational.

Originally posted by Painter Geoff:

What's this two opposing politicians engaged in constructive banter and positively complimenting each other on the quality of their work.

Well done Pauls. :D

In my former business days, I always recognised and respected the professionalism, effort etc of my competitors, politics to me should be no different. Ultimately in both cases the customer/voter decides. :wink:

Kevin will be put somewhere one day, where he can build a relationship with the community.

Labour are making a mockery of the guy and destroying any credibility he might have.

How many seats has he been selected for? 5?

It must seem like desperation to the electorate.

Opportunity there for the Tories, methinks. :wink:

Well at least he didn't bail out of Fairfield and Howley like the independent candidates have done -whoever they were. :x

Actually I received a very Hair Raizing haircut the other day from a lovely lady on Padgate Lane in preparation for my first ever interview in ages and I looked really smart for a change.

It's a nice area and deserves the efforts from someone like Kevin who feels passionate about helping a community.

Their local High School has been forced to close by the current administration - they need all the morale support that they can get.