Lib Dem leaflet....

Bazj

I was one of the unlucky ones who got one of the Lib Dem leaflets which made a point of noting that the 5 Tory councillors should be voted off in favour of their councillors so that Labour don't get back in control again.

Fine.... no problem with that.

However will they now advocate voting for a Tory candidate in the forthcoming general election? That way the 21% of the vote the Lib Dems currently have (according to todays papers....)can go towards getting Brown and his Darling out of Downing Street!

I do doubt it will work both ways though..... do you??

[ 18.03.2008, 11:14: Message edited by: BazJ ]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BazJ:

I was one of the unlucky ones who got one of the Lib Dem leaflets which made a point of noting that the 5 Tory councillors should be voted off in favour of their councillors so that Labour don't get back in control again.

Fine.... no problem with that.

However will they now advocate voting for a Tory candidate in the forthcoming general election? That way the 21% of the vote the Lib Dems currently have (according to todays papers....)can go towards getting Brown and his Darling out of Downing Street!

I do doubt it will work both ways though..... do you??

Being a bit thick the L/Ds haven't realised that only 2 Conservative Councillors are standing this time. Interestingly in order for Labour to retake control, maybe the L/Ds can say which seats they will be losing to Labour in order for that to happen. I notice in the letter that I have seen, they are misquoting me....interestingly I understand the letter is in the process of being looked at for a possible breach of the Members Code of Conduct.

Guess the one thing they didn't put in their leaflet was that one of their Councillors in an email to another one of them, said...and I quote:

"When this blows up as it inevitably will the Lib Dems, apart from you and me, will seem gutless.....again."

[ 18.03.2008, 17:26: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

I was one of the unlucky ones who got one of the Lib Dem leaflets which made a point of noting that the 5 Tory councillors should be voted off in favour of their councillors

Guess whoever produced the leaflet didn't ask their group leader for his thoughts, I understand he wants Conservatives on the Executive given the lack of ability amongst his own group.

That way the 21% of the vote the Lib Dems currently have (according to todays papers....)

Not even that in Warrington South Baz

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/

Vulnerable seats then click on Warrington South :wink:

I understand the local L/Ds are distraught at both the polling predictions and the rapid renaissance of Warrington South Conservative Association over the last year...that is why they campaign so negatively...and misquote me.

I rarely get any flyers through my door... don't know why.

Wouldn't it be a good idea if copies of ALL pre-election flyers (paricularly the Lib Dem Focus ones that everyone talks about) were made to be accessible for everyone online to read rather than just the people who are lucky? enough to get one through their letter box.

It would give everyone a better picture of what is actually going on accross the borough and may even show up a few oddities too :wink:

Surely they, the L/Ds don't say one thing to one set of voters and another thing to another set...perish the thought. :D:D:D

Actually Dismayed you make a very good point/suggestion....not that you don't always :D , and I will try and get the In Touch that I do up on the WSCA website...bit fiddly 'cos I have to convert them from Publisher to PDF then to JPEG.

Latest Warrington South Matters is now online:

http://www.warringtonsouthconservatives.com/index.php?sectionid=107

:wink:

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

I will try and get the In Touch that I do up on the WSCA website...bit fiddly 'cos I have to convert them from Publisher to PDF then to JPEG.

:D

[ 18.03.2008, 21:56: Message edited by: Dismayed ]

Ah ha.... just found a Lib Dem glossy A3 folded flyer on the floor whilst walking the dog in Stockton Heath. Its got a big picture of Ian Marks, Nick Cleg and Jo Crotty on the front.

Don't think it's the same one you are all talking about as it doesn't mention Paul :D

Anyway main headers on their colourfull glossy are:

Fighting Police Cuts :roll:

Campaigning against Post Office Closures - 'The Lib Dems are here to fight for residents on issues that matter to them' - that comment is crap for starters as they only fight for residents at election time :roll:

New Recycling Boost 'kerbside recycling scheme for plastics and cans' - how much is that going to cost us and how many more bins will we have - 3 enough already

Top Marks for Lid Dem Council from audit commission 'Council Tax is Low', 'Education continues to improve', 'good value for money' :sleeping:

Originally posted by Dismayed:

Two whole sections about the Cons being out of the race completely and apparently they also can't win the Warrington South Parlimentary Seat at the next gen election. Only 5% of residents think they can win according to a recent poll - (what poll and how many people did they ask :confused: )

I understand it was 20 L/D Councillors, the brightest one was the one who realised that the Conservatives would win next time....the other 19 were in denial. Actually you make a good point, there was no real poll...the L/Ds just invented it...all rather pathetic actually.

The reason they've done it is because they have seen the factual poll results (from Electoral Calculus)that we put on our literature and felt they had to respond. They are very rattled at the moment.

Quote:They are really hammering the Labour Party in it on every issue. Pity they didn't use the space to put more about what they themselves are going to do for us than what others may have done in the past.

Dismayed.

There are no schools to close or developments to support at the moment. :wink: