Plastic bags?

observer

I can't say I have noticed stronger bags, unless you mean the bags for life.  People whinge and moan about anything that involves changing their habits.  They had the option to forgo them voluntarily but most didn't so it was forced on them.  It must have radically affected some lives lol

This always seems to me to be a bit of a stupid idea as plastic bags were 100% recyclable anyway.

If you have ever left something in your garage wrapped in a plastic bag and gone back to it about a year later, the plastic bag just turns to dust when you touch it....

No doubt someone will be making money out of it though and it will probably be a Tory businessman and if so it would be quite ironic that so many green and lefty types think its a good idea!

This always seems to me to be a bit of a stupid idea as plastic bags were 100% recyclable anyway.

If you have ever left something in your garage wrapped in a plastic bag and gone back to it about a year later, the plastic bag just turns to dust when you touch it....

Your garage is a different environment than a landfill site Baz, hence the difference in decomposition.  I have never known a plastic bag turn to dust.  I have had some in my loft for years and they look brand new.  What is true and obvious is that the world didn't come shuddering to a halt when the bag charge came in.

Your garage is a different environment than a landfill site Baz, hence the difference in decomposition.  I have never known a plastic bag turn to dust.  I have had some in my loft for years and they look brand new.  What is true and obvious is that the world didn't come shuddering to a halt when the bag charge came in.

Maybe but it is just another tax though.... because I don't believe that no one on here has never been charged for a bag since it came in.... 

I was in a little electrical shop in Stornoway yesterday (and remember Scotland has had the bag tax longer than England). I only bought a couple of freezer thermometers, and I didn't ask for a bag but the guy put them in a plastic bag anyway and - no charge! Perhaps the novelty has worn off?

Maybe but it is just another tax though.... because I don't believe that no one on here has never been charged for a bag since it came in.... 

Its not a tax, its voluntary, if tax was voluntary we would all be paying as little as the huge companies do.

Its not a tax, its voluntary, if tax was voluntary we would all be paying as little as the huge companies do.

No it isn't, it's a tax. Previously I used to go to ASDA and bought stuff and put it into free carrier bags and took it home. Those carrier bags were then either reused as carrier bags or bin bags or shoe covers or whatever, but now I have to pay for that bag. It is'nt Tescos or ASDA that has brought the charge in, it is the government therefore it is a tax

I suspect that lots of small shops would jump at the idea of charging people 5p for their bags.

Especially the sector who sell dodgy spirits, snide fags and crisps with 'multipack, not to be sold separately' on the bags.

Of course, I'm not saying they'd trouser the 5p's or anything.

Never experienced this, have you? If so,  were you daft enough to pay it?  I suspect you are making it all up again :wink: