Plastic bags?

observer

I shop at Aldi too and have never remembered to take bags their either  :oops:  I tend to use the free boxes they always have in the store....

I actually remembered to take 3 of my now rather large collection of 'for life' bags to Morrisons with me the other day though...EURIKA !!

12143107_10156020561560234_5132282162649

Make yourself a thief for 5 pence.  Great idea.  Why not steal the shopping too whilst you are at it .  There is what looks like a piece of beef in the basket, would he have even realised had 5p been sneaked onto its price?

Make yourself a thief for 5 pence.  Great idea.  Why not steal the shopping too whilst you are at it .  There is what looks like a piece of beef in the basket, would he have even realised had 5p been sneaked onto its price?

That reminds me.... what are we going to do with the two shopping trolleys we have at the unit?? :) :)

Seeing as most of the shopping I do is impulsive and the fact that I never carry bags around with me; even though I have tried and tried for months to remember to put some in the car, if I buy a 6p bag for life and then end up with loads of them (I already seem to have acquired 3) are they as biodegradble as the old free ones for when I start throwing them away I wonder?? :) :)

Baz, you don't throw them away! You take them back to the supermarket and demand a free replacement. Then the supermarket throws them away! You obviously haven't grasped how insane most green policies are :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL....I did actually think that but I thought that was too crazy to be the actual way the scheme would operate so I thought I would check that I wasn't the only insane person on here who could think such a thing :)

Seeing as most of the shopping I do is impulsive and the fact that I never carry bags around with me; even though I have tried and tried for months to remember to put some in the car, if I buy a 6p bag for life and then end up with loads of them (I already seem to have acquired 3) are they as biodegradble as the old free ones for when I start throwing them away I wonder?? :) :smile:

That's exactly how I am and how I shop too Baz.  Can't believe you only have 3 so far though, I've got loads :lol:

I can't see how these thicker ones (like Asdas brightly coloured 6p ones) are going to be as biodegradable but then I guess we are not really supposed to put rubbish in them prior to it being put in the black bin like we did with the old sort.   I'm afraid some of mine have already been used that way we'd completely run out of black bin sacks etc.  

I also ran out of doggie poop bags yesterday and have been using sandwich bags, hey they are way thicker but down side is you can see what's inside :lol:  Needs must and all that though..... 

Seeing as most of the shopping I do is impulsive and the fact that I never carry bags around with me; even though I have tried and tried for months to remember to put some in the car, if I buy a 6p bag for life and then end up with loads of them (I already seem to have acquired 3) are they as biodegradble as the old free ones for when I start throwing them away I wonder?? :) :smile:

Maybe a purpose made shop lifting coat would be ideal for winter Baz.

If you use online shopping and home delivery via the local supermarkets does your stuff still come packed in plastic carrier bags and do they charge for them then? 

or do they just dump it all on your doorstep unless you hand over 5p!!??

or do they just dump it all on your doorstep unless you hand over 5p!!??

Maybe :lol:  I've never done home delivery but might have to try it now.  

If they do charge I wonder if you are allowed to drop off your own carrier bags (with your name and address on of course) for them to use instead  :lol: 

The Tesco near us has a bag recycling container which is handy if you forget your bag.

Sorry I missed this one.....  good point Davy51, there's one as you go in Morrissons too (well at least there was last time I looked).  I always presumed it was so your bags could be sent for recycling into something else.

I wonder if you are just allowed to take them out and use them then.