More immigration

asperity

Well I found it funny Asp :D

Unfortunately we've had to stop putting bird seed and fat balls etc in our gardens (as have out neighbours) as we seem to have a problem with rats round here these days :( 

We've lived in our house for over 20 years and have never had a problem with rats before but sorry little birdies but you'll have to go for your nibbles somewhere else now.

I always thought they only came out at night but how wrong I was EEK!

I wont upload the photo of one of the rats we caught in the trap as know you are a sensitive bunch.  Seems they have become a big problem in Warrington over the past couple of years and I wonder why that is ?

I have mice in the house again, going get a company to deal with them this year.

Squirrels are lovely, one keeps running along the fence near ours (front not back where the rats lurk) and it's so lovely and funny to watch.  Cute little thing :D

Squirrels are rodents just like rats but with a cute tail Dizzy

I have mice in the house again, going get a company to deal with them this year.

Mice are cute but no way would I want them in my house.  We had them once when I younger living at home with mum and dad and family and I remember the fear when we went to bed every night.  My 'brave' younger brother even slept with a base ball bat lol.  They were mainly field mice coming in though so never really did any harm. 

Re squirrel tails and paintbrushes I've no idea but I have a very strong and vivid younger memory of a skinned squirrel nailed to a wooden board on the washing line drying out for days.  My dad spotted it dead on the roadside  on his way home from fly fishing at Appleton Reservoir.  My mum skinned it and dried the fur out on the board (still squirrel shaped I hasten to add and looked very freaky) and my dad then used it for a long time to make flies/lures for fishing. 

No wonder I turned out the way I did :lol: