Warrington named the worst place in Britain for culture

You have to love the way the council thinks it gets to pat itself on the back for marking its own work. If they wanted to save money and see a long term return on their new offices, they certainly wouldn't be built in the middle of a new leisure and retail development in the town centre. Hopefully people will see where their priorities lie as they cut services while moving into their new and unnecessary offices.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and more ridiculous..........................     Re The Grammar School...."it wasn't listed"   Why? because none of our councillors CBA? or because they preferred to leave it unlisted so that it

What we have to remember is that "popular culture" does not rate very highly with the people who carry out these surveys.  Thus, George Formby, admiral artist though he may have been, is hardly a  gre

My answer to your question is Yes, I would rather it was sited and played, by good musicians, in a beautiful home such as a Cathedral. But, with the exception of St Mary's Church in Buttermarket Stre

As New Town house etc. are full to bursting with furniture, electrical equipment etc and they have teams of caretakers to move it all over, I presume there will be no money wasted on new , unwarranted stuff for the fit out :wink:  right!!!

As New Town house etc. are full to bursting with furniture, electrical equipment etc and they have teams of caretakers to move it all over, I presume there will be no money wasted on new , unwarranted stuff for the fit out :wink:  right!!!

Obviously :)