New law on smoking in cars ?

observer

was thinking more along the lines of ignorant , selfish drug addicts deliberately inflicting harm on their own children by exposing them to toxins constantly in their own homes, and your efforts at conflating two unrelated issues are pathetic.  Do you think it is ok for people to smoke in their own house if there are children present?

so why were you bleating about legislation banning smoking in homes?  As the case you highlighted proves, some addicts are so far gone that even the thought of having their children taken away doesn't stop them from doing it.  Why you can't go outside is beyond me.  What has this to do with refugees ?  Nothing, just a desperate attempt to defend the indefensible using conflation.  

There needs to be a clampdown on parents who carry their kids in cars without strapping them into car seats or seat belts. It is particularly prevalent amongst the Asian community I have noticed. I even posted a video on a site once taken from the camera I have in the car with a car with 3 little kids playing in the back of an estate car on the M6 while mum and dad were safely seatbelted up in the front....

I do school photography and when the payment envelopes are returned some ( quite a lot) absolutely reek of smoke.  Even the cash stinks.  God knows what that is doing to young lungs but it can't be good for them.

Sorry PJ but that really made me laugh.. do you often find yourself sniffing money :lol: :lol:

don't have to sniff it Dizzy, it absolutely reeks.  My hands and clothes smell after handling it.  It is disgusting.

Feel free to hand over all your cash and bank notes over to me PJ when it all gets too much for you,  I'm not that fussy  :D

Have you ever considered what other germs are lurking on coins or bank notes though.  They pass through so many hands and pockets every day so must be covered in all sorts (ooh and held in mouths too as I just realised I had a £1 coin held between my lips earlier tonight as I struggled to put my coins into the parking payment machine  OMG HOW MANY OTHERS HAD DONE THAT WITH THE COIN BEFORE I HAD :shock: :shock: !!) 

Sickly feeling moment now.....

So maybe the smell is the least of your worries PJ

I'm actually scared of googling so I'll leave it to you all to look how many germs and bacteria are on money ....but please don't tell me :|:lol:

It's true that the smell does get impregnated in paper. I've noticed it in second hand paperback books, although it isn't as "disgusting" as PJ tries to infer. If that is the worst smell you encounter then think yourself lucky mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've noticed some second hand paperbacks often smell from charity shops but i just thought it was from storage.  I've never noticed them smelling of smoke though and I just though they were musty and old like my dad :lol:   Don't worry he's not reading...I'm not that brave :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Now we are on car emissions rather than ciggy smoking though (phew) can someone tell me how the cars know they are being tested ?  I don't get it or how the software or whatever it is works.
Proper girlie comment I know but I've not seen any national tv/paper news coverage for 4 days so am trying to catch up.

Is it when they are mot'd that it happens meaning they pass when they shouldn't or something ? 

Is now a good time buy a VW as their prices must have really dropped rapidly or will any affected be taken off the road or put into the higher car tax bracket based on emissions now etc.

This has happened in the USA with diesel cars which are tested for nitrous oxide emissions. You probably know that modern cars have computer control on their engines. When the car's on board computer senses that the emissions are being tested it changes to test mode and puts urea into the exhaust. A chemical reaction takes place and the nitrous oxide is converted into nitrogen, oxygen and water. Diesel driven heavy goods vehicles in the US have had to have this urea technology fitted for quite a while now, and my ship has a tank fitted for urea in case ships have to comply with this at some stage in future. And no, I'm not extracting the urine :lol: